Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've finally taken it to this forum for help.

I got hit by a fucking van the other day, right in the rear left wheel.

I find out..

Control arms broken
The bolt attaching the control arm (lower) and the steering knuckle
snapped. therefore needing a new one.

So i'm stuck here, in my apartment, with no chances of getting home unless I get this knuckle on.

I go through many junkyards, find only 2. Both don't work the mechanic says because they're missing the ABS system. I tried to get them to put it on without ABS but apparently that isn't possible.

I'm so fucking pissed, Is there another fucking name for this part because I can't find anything, like really.. Here's a picture of the snapped, WHATEVER THE FUCK IT IS..

/Rage

Car: 01 Eclipse with ABS

But seriously... help "/

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
It's a knuckle, you appear to already know that so what do you expect us to do? You don't need an ABS knuckle to get home, they're perfectly interchangeable but you won't have ABS anymore.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a knuckle, you appear to already know that so what do you expect us to do? You don't need an ABS knuckle to get home, they're perfectly interchangeable but you won't have ABS anymore.
The mechanic just called saying "Yeah man we can't use this knuckle because even though there's no ABS this car needs a disc knuckle."

The knuckle I got today I looked on the receipt and it says 2000. I have an 01 eclipse, does it matter?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm confused too, this section is for seeking help to solve a problem..not venting about frustrations caused by incompetency.

Ok, now you have a question, carry on!
I thought throughout the venting you'd understand the question. Okay, So does it matter between a 2000 and 2001 eclipse knuckle? Do they use different brakes? Ex. One using a Disc brake and the other something else.. idk.

Maybe it's because i'm in Bryan Texas, that all these mechanics don't know shit.

I honestly thought I could walk up, dish out a shitload more money and have them fix whatever they see fit but they can't even do that..

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
No. Your mechanic is an idiot. ABS, Non ABS, disc, drum, they're all identical. Fuck they're the same from every 3g, 8g galant 2g stratus coupe and chrysler sebring and a million different late nineties Chrysler products that make up 50% of junkyard populations nation wide.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No. Your mechanic is an idiot. ABS, Non ABS, disc, drum, they're all identical. Fuck they're the same from every 3g, 8g galant 2g stratus coupe and chrysler sebring and a million different late nineties Chrysler products that make up 50% of junkyard populations nation wide.

Thank you. Okay, so I looked the receipt says "1 Rear Spindle, Eclipse 2000' W/O ABS"

This should fit on a 01' Eclipse GT with ABS 3.0L?

Is he this fucking stupid or is there some reason why he'd think this way. They left the shop and he won't answer so the eclipse is in there for ANOTHER fucking night.. Omg.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts