·
Fullmetal
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Fullmetal
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, I think my FPR may be made from China...it works fine, but still looked kinda cheap, even though it was made from Megan

·
54,460 Posts
i think you'd be ok without the oil cooler, trans cooler is more important.

however if you did do an oil cooler, it honestly could be the same cooler as whats cooling the trans, just be sure to get one thats temp controlled so that you dont overcool the oil on cold days, it backs up in the return line because its too thick, and you push oil out of the turbo seals and need a new turbo

·
Fullmetal
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but my question is Bitter, are these authentic?

·
Registered
228 Posts
They seem ok.... I mean, even being from 1AutoMart....... idk. Never heard of them before, but I guess you'd just have to see for yourself, unless someone has ordered from them before.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
yeah, I'm not familiar with that vendor either...but then again, the place I bought my TYCs from had a really low-budget website and the guy wasn't really familiar with them...but, he was very helpful when I called and the lights are perfect! Give them a call and ask them...if they're legit, they should understand your concern...if they get pissed, it's probably because they're fake (or they're just jerks who don't deserve your business)...:bigthumb:

·
Fullmetal
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, they seem like they are an legitimate kind of company, I see they also sell aftermarket parts like strut bars, performance rotors (AEM, EBC Brakes, etc). I am going to call them tomorrow and see if they are seriously running an decent business.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Found some new cooler parts for my next install, just wanted some input, seeing as though these parts could be made from counterfeit and all and may not be worth my time. But you got to admit when they start counterfeiting toothpaste, I have to be certain if I have the safest parts.

Oil cooler

Auto Parts and Accessories Catalog - 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hayden Oil Cooler

Transmisson cooler

Auto Parts and Accessories Catalog - 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Transmission Oil Cooler

you may want to find out how your supposed to get the oil to the cooler... our oil filter housing does not have any ports for an oil cooler im pretty sure the only way to do it is to get an evo8 oil filter housing or one of these kind of kits OIL FILTER RELOCATION KIT but if you get that kit it wont be temp controlled, the evo8 housing is

1 - 9 of 9 Posts