Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to find out where is the best place to run my oil feed line to my t3/t4 journal bearing turbo. I have read people say to run it from oil filter housing, head, and also ive read to run it through a T-fitting from the stock oil pressure sensor.

The sensor is at the back of the block and it is unclean and hot from going through the block so I have my concerns about that location. There is no alan plug in my oil filter housing so I do not know how I would run it from there unless I had a sandwich plate to run it from but then Im concerned about the oil being unfiltered from the pan. And my concern with the head is the possibility of not having enough pressure to the turbo and it being too warm.

So what IS the best place to run my oil feed line?

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
How dirty do you think your oil is...? Jesus christ its not like there is sand running through it. The factory boosted cars run their oil right off the filter housing, it's no different than running a sandwich plate.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How dirty do you think your oil is...? Jesus christ its not like there is sand running through it. The factory boosted cars run their oil right off the filter housing, it's no different than running a sandwich plate.
Guess Ive just read to much and got worried about it when I saw several people saying running unfiltered oil through the turbo is bad. Google is both good and bad :mecry2:

I figured a sandwich plate was the best option but wasn't sure and I couldn't find anything where it said the best way to do it.

·
UMADBREH?
3,460 Posts
Guess Ive just read to much and got worried about it when I saw several people saying running unfiltered oil through the turbo is bad. Google is both good and bad :mecry2:

I figured a sandwich plate was the best option but wasn't sure and I couldn't find anything where it said the best way to do it.
Unfiltered? If u have an oil filter, then you're filtering it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts