Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys get a lot of oil in your intercooler piping? I'm thinking of getting a catch can to alleviate that. I also need to find a non-paper gasket for my BOV as it is a bit soaked in oil :scream:

·
54,481 Posts
try krank vents and a catch can or an inline fuel filter. the brand is purlator and the part number f21124 is. just stick it inline with the PCV hose and it'll help out till you get the other stuff in place :) it'll also give you a window to see how much oil is being blown through there.

·
OMFG
6,632 Posts
WanderingPinoy said:
Do you guys get a lot of oil in your intercooler piping? I'm thinking of getting a catch can to alleviate that. I also need to find a non-paper gasket for my BOV as it is a bit soaked in oil :scream:
That seems a bit excessive.
Got blow by?

:p
Yea just get a catch can, or vent it to the atomsphere. You;ll be good to go.

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
Tearstone said:
You did tap your upper oil pan when installing your turbo right? If so, I would first start with a catch can like from Greddy or somewhere to see if that eleviates your problem.
I would just get Krank Vents personally. Just for the sheer fact they work far better than the stock PCV valve alone and also they have a ton of space. Then just put a breather filter on the end of the rear one.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
54,481 Posts
WanderingPinoy said:
I actually picked one of those up yesterday, but my problem is finding some fittings to get it to fit as the breather hose is a lot thicker.
it should just push right in and be OK with a pair of hose clamps, one on each side. the clamps that come with it will be too small. you can clip off the smaller part of the tube on either side if that helps.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Underside of filter:

I haven't checked my pipes yet, but will keep an eye on it. It looks like the oil that was on my BOV gasket was actually from a bit of a leak from the oil feed line on top of the turbo, and it dripped down onto the BOV.

The filter has actually caught quite a bit of oil since I put it on.

·
54,481 Posts
yea, 1 day of driving caught alot of oil in my little car without any sort of high performance or FI.

im going to rig up some sort of catchcan for it because i dont like that much oil blowing through the engine and getting burnt. im going to route the pcv to a can then have an inline filter from the can to the manifold with everything air tight. theres no visual inspection here so it wont matter if i vented to atmosphere but i'd rather NOT do that.

·
54,481 Posts
icemanrld19 said:
how much and where did u buy it from? looks pretty cool.
theyre $3-5 from pepboys, autozone, homedepot (by the lawnmower stuff), ace hardware, ect ect.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, its pretty much the exact same one that Russ posted a few posts up - I picked it up from my local auto parts store, trimmed off a bit of the ends, as the opening was pretty small.

You can actually use any kind of clear fuel filter - I just picked that one as it was easier to see if there was oil in it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.