Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently did an oil change, you know general maintenance, but I noticed my oil pressure switch was looking crusty so I replaced that too and afterwards the oil light continued to stay on, I've tried unplugging and grounding out the wire, nothing, I could use a word of advice with this one.

·
Registered
2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who keeps old parts? The old one was thrown away, they were identical, Requesting help with somebody with knowledge, thanks

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
266 Posts
I read in a post that you must use a OEM oil sending unit because they have a different milliamp rate than aftermarket.. I`m sure you are aware that parts may look the same but they could have different internals ... I typed in " oil light stays on " in the search bar and found lots of info... type that in and see what you come up with ..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sorry, I wasn't tryong to be a smart ass. I would suspect the pressure transducer is bad, or slightly out of range if it's not OEM. I tend to keep old parts for troubleshooting unless they're bad or all worn out or bulky.

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
266 Posts
I will hold on to parts until the job is finished and then throw out the junk.. I tossed out a good set of headlight , tail lights , radiator , stock rotors & pad ( only on the car a few months ) all because I live in an apartment and no room to store anything .. This place is so small that you cant have two thoughts in your head at the same time...you have to go out into the hallway to change your mind .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts