Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Oil Press & Oil Temp tap in...

2K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Tearstone 
WanderingPinoy said:
The Tearstone kit actually taps at the oil pressure switch for the oil feed, so I don't think there would be a problem tapping there for the pressure. Heck, the stock oil pressure switch is pretty useless anyway.
The stock oil pressure tap is great when priming a engine that is rebuilt or pretty much telling you that your about to have an iminent engine failure in the event that your oil pan has been slashed :(.

To answer the question about your oil temp, you could always tap your bottom oil pan since the sensor has to stay imersed in the fluid you are trying to monitor. Rulez had his oil temp sensor tapped there for awhile, and definitely was effective in delivering information about how hot the oil was getting when running the car really hard at the track.

Clipse3GT said:
It is from the stock sending unit, that's why I asked if you could just put a T-fitting in that location, between the feed line. I'll have to double check, underneath the car. But im almost positive it from that stock sending unit.

However, from the looks of it, that Greddy one that goes between the filter, looks like a good alternative for both temp and press.
Your right, I would just use that Greddy adapter. I remember when Shane first posted on it here: http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29963&highlight=Greddy+Oil+Adapter I thought it was an excellent idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.