Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rebuilding a 4g64 with the kia head swap, I have the full work log on this site. Anyways, I got the block from a junkyard, mileage unknown. I was wanting to replace the oil pump and water pump while I have it on a stand. I learned from my research that all of the aftermarket parts are awful, and oem is the only way to go. I contacted the local dealership and they are talking about $450 for the oil pump and $480 for the water pump.

That is way out of budget, so I need some advice. Is there a decent brand I could go with? Should I take a chance with the ones I already have? My local machine shop took the oil pump apart and cleaned it out, but still suggested it would be a good idea to get a new one. What do you guys think

·
974 Posts
Aisin makes the OEM water pump for the v6 motor. Maybe it's the same manufacturer for the 4-cylinder. Can't find any information regarding the oil pump for any of the engines. Found a source that recommends "Melling." I guess mitsubishi used to make their own pumps and that's why it's hard to find who was the distributor. Maybe Aisin makes an oil pump for your application? They seem to make good stuff and supply a lot of manufacturers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the feedback. I've read that the factory oil pump will basically last forever so I'm just going to roll the dice with the one I have. I'm going to pick up an Aisin water pump and hope for the best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts