Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new to the eclipse seen.... i have a honda prelude and liked it but my wife and i just had a baby dec.5 and she wants a new car! well perfect timing lol cause im military in iraq soo i told her ok,.....well she told me i had to get rid of my prelude and i will get her eclipse. i said ok i like it its an 03 spyder gt. and really the only thing i need to do to it when i get home is a little tune up and im ganna paint it( i cant picture myself in a maroon car lol). but im a mechanic and i do paint and body so thats no biggy, the real problem is i really dont know anything about these 6's and i just would like any advice, experince, or tips that may help me... i am defenetly planning on getting it ready to drag sooo thats my goal. u may also email me at [email protected]. thank you and hope to here ur imputs

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and also i read alot on here and i hope noone gets mad but i seen some people ask about conversion kits for auto to manual and i already have been looking for wrecked cars in junk yards. what i need is has anyone ever done it before and if not is their a conversion kit made?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
and also i read alot on here and i hope noone gets mad but i seen some people ask about conversion kits for auto to manual and i already have been looking for wrecked cars in junk yards. what i need is has anyone ever done it before and if not is their a conversion kit made?
Do a little more reading before you come home...use the Search button up there on the right. A few people have done the swap, but I have yet to hear of a "kit" for the swap.

imho your better off just finding a manuel car and purchasing that.
If you haven't purchased the car yet, that would be a better idea if you're set on a manual. An auto GT would have the sportronic feature though, so you could still shift it manually, and then she could just put it in "D". The key is, take your time and decide what you really want out of a car before you buy. Is the car primarily going to be for her to just drive around in, or for you to have fun with?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do a little more reading before you come home...use the Search button up there on the right. A few people have done the swap, but I have yet to hear of a "kit" for the swap.

If you haven't purchased the car yet, that would be a better idea if you're set on a manual. An auto GT would have the sportronic feature though, so you could still shift it manually, and then she could just put it in "D". The key is, take your time and decide what you really want out of a car before you buy. Is the car primarily going to be for her to just drive around in, or for you to have fun with?
No my wife already has it weve had it for like a year but she wouldnt let me touch it until now cause she is getting a new car... so i already have it and yes it has the sportronic but i was just curious

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
No my wife already has it weve had it for like a year but she wouldnt let me touch it until now cause she is getting a new car... so i already have it and yes it has the sportronic but i was just curious
Well in that case, welcome to the world of tuning...:bigthumb:

·
Relapsed.
1,811 Posts
i said ok i like it its an 03 spyder gt. and really the only thing i need to do to it when i get home is a little tune up and im ganna paint it( i cant picture myself in a maroon car lol).
ahem. What is wrong with a maroon 3G? :bat: welcome to the site and hope you enjoy your new 3G ( well new to you )

·
Relapsed.
1,811 Posts
not sure about a kit but from what a former friend told me you could basically swap out the engine and trans. Not sure if this is true.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i did like kidney bean said an u know wut, lol i found something on a galant but same tranny basically, and he goes almost step by step and i didnt mean anything by saying i was painting my car its just not for me lol sorry..... but thanks and im sure comming up soon here when i start buying things u will here alot more questions lol

·
Relapsed.
1,811 Posts
Don't take me seriously on the paint of your car man lol i was only kidding besides i was going to paint mine either silver or black along time ago but the color grew on me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome to the site.. what color do you want to paint your car? I dont know much about the 3g, but Im sure youll find all you need on this forum!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you very much and im sure ill be able to also when i get back from iraq ill make sure to remember to post some before and after pics, and i was thinking about painting burnt orange , always loved that color, and the interior is black soo i could pretty much paint it any color..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have a question i know alot of people will just say search for it and believe me i have been for like 5 days lol. and i have found alot of posts on tranny swaps, but they are all for 4cylinder and mine is a 6 does anyone know a post on a 6 tranny swap?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts