I have been having problems with my car and am going to give it one last go before taking her in.
1. Car stumples at low rpm's when given instant 50%-100% throttle. It "feels" like a fuel cut....the car cuts out, jerks, and then goes back to normal.
2. Car Sporadically gets flooded when sitting overnight. I wake up and get ready to go to work and it cranks and cranks, no start. I then pull the plugs, dry them off, pull the fuel pump fuse, get the car to fire the replace the fuel pump fuse. it runs fine (with the exception of the stumble) all day.
3. My compass direction has been acting weird lately. Like if I am heading directly S, it will say, E, SE, SW, etc. I have reset it and it works good for awhile then goes back errooneous directions.
4. I am getting "ffedback" through my stereo, and no on AM Radio.....its when the sound is turned down and in CD mode. It sometimes whines with the rpm's, and also makes noise when adjusting the outside mirrors.
What have I done to the vehicle?
1. Replaced all plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. Had mechanic pull the distributor and everything looked good. I pulled the fuel pump yesterday and inspected, everything looked good there. Tested the fuel pump relay on the junction block, worked well.
2. Mechanic has used his live OBD-2 reader and says all of the sensors monitored are running as normal (O2 sensors, VAF sensor, Manifold Pressure sensor, coolant sensor, injectors are adding and pulling fuel as they should.......
3. EGR system has been removed, cleaned, inspected, etc.
I have noticed...........
1. I have never gotten really decent fuel mileage.....
2. I have pulled the plugs and they have a white powdery substanced on them
3. I resent the ECM last night and the car amazingly wouldn't starrt this morning
4. The car runs great (usually) on top, and I have run her hard enought o potentially "clean" anything out of the fuel system.
5. The evap purge solenoid makes an constant "clicking" noise...is this normal?
6. I have pulled the radiator cap and let the car run, but still hearing coolant flowing in heater core when increasing revs slightly.
The verdict: I am so pissed off at spending countless hours trying to diagnose this thing on my own, that I am about willing to give the dealership $200 to tell me whats wrong and needs replacement.
The only other things I can think of is crank position sensor, cam position sensor (inside dist.??). I want to know what sensors give input to the ecm to decide how much fuel to send to the engine. FOr some reason I think there is some underlying electrical issue, possibly a loose ground or something. I mean, the compass, stereo, and presumed ignition system are all messed up.
Someone please help me...lol I am about to go insane with this car!