Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know what everyones been running, but i want to buy a new turbo, this guys is selling me a ball bearing turbonetics t3 t4 turbo, it has a
.63 trim compressor and a .48 turbine, now my questions, does anyone know if i will have complications with it?? of also i wanted to know what sizes of turbos i should chase for?? thanks in advance guys......

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
I think a .48 turbine is too small for a 3.0, you could go with a bigger compressor, especially since its a ball bearing turbo and will spool up lightning fast. Im a 4cyl guy and not a v6 guy though

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so u think the .48 is too small?? but the compresor i think is fine, cuz the one i have on now is a ar 50, and the turbine housing is .60 something. so i could just use my old turbine housing and put it on the new turbo right?? i mean i would think it will fit.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
.48 turbine size is too small. You need at least a .63.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
soo greg could he just put his compressor on this or no? well is the other turbo a ball bearing? and also whats wrong with the other turbo?
nothing is wrong with the other turbo, but i just a new one, plus its a ball bearing turbo for a fucking good price, i cant pass that up

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
.48 turbine size is too small. You need at least a .63.
ok so recap, the compressor side on the turbo im going to buy is a .63, now the turbine is .48. but my old turbo has a .63 on it, could i just use my old turbine housing ?? they are both t3 t4 's. and the turbine housing of my old turbo is made by precision, i think the whole thing is a precision turbo. so let me know.......

·
NUFF SAID
1,497 Posts
.43 is to small, your going to choke up top, your .63 my fit on the turbonetics (considering there both t04e's) but your going to have to spend an hour and test it out.

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
idk if they are interchangeable cause if both are BB hey are, just if one is ball bearing and another wet float it may not work?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
.43 is to small, your going to choke up top, your .63 my fit on the turbonetics (considering there both t04e's) but your going to have to spend an hour and test it out.
that what i was thinking, they are both the same almost. but you think i would hae to call up turbonetics and ask them??. well thanks man i would have to test it, hopefully it cost my engine, lol

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
idk if they are interchangeable cause if both are BB hey are, just if one is ball bearing and another wet float it may not work?
no one is BB and the other standard one. does anyone know if a BB turbo has the same turbine housing style as BB turbos??

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
Actually I didn't confirm that his combination wouldn't work. He is speaking strickly of the A/R size of the turbo. You need to know wheel size so that you can determine if you can swap housings.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Actually I didn't confirm that his combination wouldn't work. He is speaking strickly of the A/R size of the turbo. You need to know wheel size so that you can determine if you can swap housings.
ok pharm i see what you mean now, but the ar size of the new turbo is bigger than my old turbo, the new one is going to be a AR .63, and the turbine of the new one is .48.

now the turbine(hot side) of the old turbo is .63, and the new one which im trying to get is .48, so still i have t see if the wheel would fit??

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
Yes.

·
Zed oh six
6,234 Posts
I used a .48 for a long time and it yielded me a good amount of low end power. But, I am pretty sure that it is ultimately the main reason I blew my motor too. If you were going to stay in low levels of boost, like no higher that 6psi, you would be ok with it I imagine. But, it's still a risk.

.63 is what I switched to. I'd say that's the way to go.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I used a .48 for a long time and it yielded me a good amount of low end power. But, I am pretty sure that it is ultimately the main reason I blew my motor too. If you were going to stay in low levels of boost, like no higher that 6psi, you would be ok with it I imagine. But, it's still a risk.

.63 is what I switched to. I'd say that's the way to go.
i was thinking of staying at low levels of boost, so i guess i would have to up to a .63, thanks rulez and pharms

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey i got another question, where is everyone buying there turbos?? also what brands are they using, IE turbonetics precision or garret...??????? if anyone has a link so i can take a look at them, thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts