Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Bicoastal Traveler
8,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just signed up for a premium account with Zenfolio over the weekend, so I figured I'd ask what you all use, if anything.

I was going to go for Smugmug, but figured I'd give Zenfolio a shot since a) their site seems faster, and b) it's $80/year right now (until Jan. 1, normally $100) with unlimited uploads, and you can hock your stuff. So far I'm pretty pleased. I like the interfaces for everything, and the galleries seem very nice, though I wish there were more layout options.

How about you guys?

·
Wut Wut In Da Butt
36,313 Posts
I have a basic account with PBase. $23 a year for 500MB storage. Marc's Photo Galleries at pbase.com

:cool: I've never heard of Zenfolio. It looks very professional :yesway:

:eek: Wow, zenfolio charges $25/year for Basic package w/ 1GB of storage & 12mb max file size :eek: :cool:

:cool: Plus their galleries have a "Lightroom" feel to it :lol:

·
Bicoastal Traveler
8,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, Zenfolio is aiming squarely at Smugmug with their rates/limits right now. They just rolled out the premium account recently.

I may upgrade my Flickr account to a Pro account once I really need it, as I do like the social/feedback aspects of it.

·
Premium Member
9,734 Posts
Haven't really gotten into it, but I use Picasa Web Albums right now when I want to share things with people, as I use Picasa for a lot of simple snapshot editing.

·
Bicoastal Traveler
8,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haven't really gotten into it, but I use Picasa Web Albums right now when I want to share things with people, as I use Picasa for a lot of simple snapshot editing.
That's pretty much what I was doing with Photobucket. It did seem like they compress the files even more to where they look like shit though. I think that was what made me sign up for Flickr.

·
Premium Member
9,734 Posts
They keep the full file size on Picasa, and I get a gig for free. Works for me. The stuff I sell goes right to istockphoto anyway, so I don't look for greatness. :)

·
Premium Member
9,734 Posts
oh yeah, :lol: Thanks Rick. I also have my website, which I pay $60/year for. I get some retarded amount of storage and transfer. I need to redesign the decaying pile of shit however.

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
I have the website, and just put things up on that. That's more hosting I guess, not storage.

I don't even know much about it, a buddy and I put some spare parts together, built a PC, and set it up to file swap. Then we put web pages on it, then ran our email through it. One thing led to another and a lot of people were using it and we decided to have it officially hosted. I don't even know what company we use, I just keep paypalling $5 a month to him as does a half dozen others) to cover my share.

For storage I just keep them on my PC at home, and have a backup copy on ahard drive in the basement. So it's redundant, and to some extent theft resistant and fire resistant.

Doubt that was helpful...

·
I Wangs
43,483 Posts
the place I got hosting my site (and any other one as well) basically just gives you a shit ton of storage space to build your site on. so just add a new folder and start uploading. I've got like 80Gb of photos and 175Gb of storage space with 4Tb of bandwidth.....That's the smallest they offer. other than that I really have no online stoarage locations that are specifically for storage.

·
Wut Wut In Da Butt
36,313 Posts
the place I got hosting my site (and any other one as well) basically just gives you a shit ton of storage space to build your site on. so just add a new folder and start uploading. I've got like 80Gb of photos and 175Gb of storage space with 4Tb of bandwidth.....That's the smallest they offer. other than that I really have no online stoarage locations that are specifically for storage.
I guess I don't really have "online storage" as well. Technically, I'm using Pbase for my image hosting. :dunno:

·
I Wangs
43,483 Posts
not only that but I know you have more than 500Mb of photos. :)

on a side note though, if you have your stuff backed up right at home then you don't need the online stuff.

·
Wut Wut In Da Butt
36,313 Posts
not only that but I know you have more than 500Mb of photos. :)

on a side note though, if you have your stuff backed up right at home then you don't need the online stuff.
For now everything is residing on an external HD, which is also backed up on CDs and DVDs. Soon, I will add another internal drive in my desktop and make that drive the primary location for my files, and make the external HD a back up along with the CD/DVD backups.

·
Wut Wut In Da Butt
36,313 Posts
Do you still have your account Jason? Still like it?

I'm thinking about dropping Pbase after my credits are done because of all the problems they've been having. I currently have 172 galleries and 10,305 images online with Pbase :( It's going to be PITA to rebuild.

Zenfolio has a $40/year unlimited account :cool: Also has a Lightroom upload plug-in :yesway: You get more features for $40 than with SmugMug.

·
Premium Member
9,734 Posts

I'm thinking about dropping Pbase after my credits are done because of all the problems they've been having. I currently have 172 galleries and 10,305 images online with Pbase :( It's going to be PITA to rebuild.

Zenfolio has a $40/year unlimited account :cool: Also has a Lightroom upload plug-in :yesway: You get more features for $40 than with SmugMug.
I actually signed up with Smugmug Pro, and found a coupon for 50% off. Been liking it so far.

·
Bicoastal Traveler
8,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I let it lapse awhile ago, Flippy. Apparently after that, they added some cool features, and had some nice ones in the works. I've just been dumping stuff onto Flickr for awhile. I really hit a long lull in my photography, but I'm feeling the itch again these days.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts

I actually signed up with Smugmug Pro, and found a coupon for 50% off. Been liking it so far.
I did the same think - I just googled for coupon codes and eventually found 50% somewhere. I couldn't be happier with Smugmug Pro. Unlimited features, 100% uptime, technical support if needed is a FAST response, options are endless, and the presentation and galleries look fantastic.

·
Wut Wut In Da Butt
36,313 Posts
:cool: Thanks guys.

SmugMug Pro is still too expensive for my purposes. All I need is a host so I share my photos with friends and family. I was paying $23 a year for Pbase but it was limited to 500mb storage space. In order for me to stay under the 500mb limit, I was deleting my originals and only had 800x600res pictures :mad:

For $40 a year plans, I'm still torn between Zenfolio and SmugMug. It does look to me Zenfolio offers more features than SmugMug in the same price plan. I'll visit this again in 4 months when my Pbase account is up for renewal.

·
I Wangs
43,483 Posts
if all you're doing is sharing the photos and you don't want to sell them or anything fancy then the best route to go is probably photobucket. :dunno: you can do some basic editing and such.

the other choice is the online version of photoshop. www.photoshop.com it's also free and I think you get 1Gb on there.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts