Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Still here.
7,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are some online videos (youtube etc.) all herky jerky but others are nice and smooth?

If they were all herky jerky I would assume it was my computer but it is just some videos.

:dunno:

Is there a way to download videos from youtube?

·
Um... Yeah!?
32,055 Posts
The most likely reason is the connection speed. YouTube, for example, has multiple servers hosting their videos. So some videos might load fine on one server, while others load slowly on another server.

As for downloading...
I use this bookmarklet, the few times I actually wanted to download a video...
You'll need a FLV player, though. There are free ones easily available, just do a Google search.

·
Still here.
7,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a great player, I use VLC it playes just about anything. I just can't find the download button on youtube.

·
Um... Yeah!?
32,055 Posts
That's 'case YouTube doesn't want you to download their videos. Follow the instructions in the link I posted, and you'll be able to save the videos to your hard drive.

·
54,424 Posts
every now and then i get jerky youtube playback ONLY in FF even when the whole video is loaded. i notice FF goes to using about 50% of the processor (pretty much all of one logical core) when this happens. sometimes killing FF's process will fix it and sometimes not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts