Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know this has probably been asked before but I've spent the last hour looking on here to find out if the clockpod has some sort of orange film on it? I did the cheap "sharpie" re-color for my radio and the clockpod, but I'm trying to go for all white light now. I noticed that whenever I did the radio, it had those little orange covers over the bulbs. I took those off and colored the bulbs red, it worked alright. I plan to (attempt) an LED conversion soon for everything, but where does the orange tint come from in the clockpod? The bulbs don't have any covers on them, and I don't see a film behind the screen either. Is it the natural light color coming from the bulbs?

·
Faster than a turtle
1,321 Posts
http://www.club3g.com/forum/show/425-how-change-interior-bulb-color.html

Under the 2nd picture it reads..
"For the clock pod: There are simply 3 size 74 bulbs in there, you just unscrew the holders like in the gauge pod and replace them with red bulbs!
I'm guessing that the orange color comes from the stock bulbs, so no tint to remove or anything. Just get 3 size 74 white LED's and you'll be set. :yesway:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://www.club3g.com/forum/show/425-how-change-interior-bulb-color.html

Under the 2nd picture it reads..
"For the clock pod: There are simply 3 size 74 bulbs in there, you just unscrew the holders like in the gauge pod and replace them with red bulbs!
I'm guessing that the orange color comes from the stock bulbs, so no tint to remove or anything. Just get 3 size 74 white LED's and you'll be set. :yesway:

Yeah I just got finished taking the sharpie off the bulbs for both the radio and clockpod with rubbing alcohol. While I had the clockpod apart and plugged in I shined my iPod behind the screen to see if it had an orange tint, it didn't. I'm not sure what kind of bulbs they used back then but they had a very ugly shade to them, I would've never thought the orange came strictly from the light. But thanks for the input! I'll buy some LED's and soldering stuff soon.

·
Registered
294 Posts
You dont need to solder the ones behind the clockpod at all. Just buy the size 74 LED's and plug them in... done. Just make sure you put them in the correct way, you have about 1 second to unplug it if not or it'll be toast :p

Miniature Wedge Base Bulbs - Super Bright LEDs

The 74 - x bulbs will work perfectly fine there. I bought some cheapass ones off ebay and they work and look great too. Just make sure theyre #74 aka T5 bulbs, I think I got 10 of them for ~$3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts