Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Head Swap Baby!!!
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys just a quick question. I have and rs and i just got the parts for the rear disk conversion. the backing plates and calipers are off a 96 dodge avenger. I was wondering, can i just order a set for a 2001 Gt instead of ordering the fronts for my car and the rears for the avenger? I want my rotors to match and it would be easiest just to get them in a set.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Worrying about the rotor matching is a moot point...but in answer to your question, yes...you can just order the rear rotors from a 2001 Eclipse GT if you'd like...

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
yes, only rear rotor difference is older gsx's which have a vented rear rotor, the GT does not
That would be so nice...why did they have to get rid of all the good stuff with the 3g? Rear vented rotors, AWD, turbo...:nuts:

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
That would be so nice...why did they have to get rid of all the good stuff with the 3g? Rear vented rotors, AWD, turbo...:nuts:
we can swap the vented rotors on, we would need to use 3000GT SL rear rotors and calipers to use the larger diameter and thicker pad. the good ole fast car days....why did they leave:(

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
we can swap the vented rotors on, we would need to use 3000GT SL rear rotors and calipers to use the larger diameter and thicker pad. the good ole fast car days....why did they leave:(
Hmm...I may have to look into those calipers & rotors...obviously the calipers would have a larger opening for the vented rotors, but do you have any idea how the piston size compares? Also, what diameter are the rotors?

Sorry to hijack your thread a little...:bigthumb:

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
Hmm...I may have to look into those calipers & rotors...obviously the calipers would have a larger opening for the vented rotors, but do you have any idea how the piston size compares? Also, what diameter are the rotors?

Sorry to hijack your thread a little...:bigthumb:
same exact size rotor and caliper, its just that the caliper can account for the thicker rotor. It opens more

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
same exact size rotor and caliper, its just that the caliper can account for the thicker rotor. It opens more
Ahh...that figures...:(

So back to the original topic, yeah just order the rotors for whichever vehicle you feel like telling them at the time...:bigthumb:

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
Ahh...that figures...:(

So back to the original topic, yeah just order the rotors for whichever vehicle you feel like telling them at the time...:bigthumb:
actually believe it or not, some newer vehicles have the SAME part number as others for newer eyars and the olders are cheaper. I had it happen at autozone, so go by what is cheaper

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
actually believe it or not, some newer vehicles have the SAME part number as others for newer eyars and the olders are cheaper. I had it happen at autozone, so go by what is cheaper
That's about as ::ghey3: as the $10 they wanted for a 30A 12V relay...

·
Registered
1,690 Posts

·
Head Swap Baby!!!
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys. the reason i want them to match is because i'm getting slotted rotors. while on that topic what do you suggest for rotors that won't rust right away like the stock ones?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
thanks guys. the reason i want them to match is because i'm getting slotted rotors. while on that topic what do you suggest for rotors that won't rust right away like the stock ones?
If you want slotted rotors, just get them from Powerslot...WeSellCarParts is a vendor here that can get the Powerslot rotors (I think he can get the stock replacement sized rotors)...also, if I'm not mistaken, I think their rotors are zinc plated to cut down on the rust...

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
slotted and I hope not drilled, My R1 Concepts have no sign of rust at all, nor did my powerslot rotors

·
Head Swap Baby!!!
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was just on powerslot's website and the rotors for rs/gs 2000-2001 are different than the rotors for 2002+ rs/gs :scratch: I guess i'm going to end up ordering them separate no matter what. should I get the big brake thing or just get oem repacments?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
It depends on what you want...do you have a BBK for the front already (I wouldn't get a rear BBK before a front one)? Do you need larger brakes? What size wheels are you using?

·
Head Swap Baby!!!
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't need bigger brakes and I have 18" Konig Crosshairs. I think im just going to order the standard powerslots for a 96 avenger(they showed the same part# for the front rotors). thanks again for your input guys.:)

·
Ph.D > me
4,963 Posts
yes, only rear rotor difference is older gsx's which have a vented rear rotor, the GT does not
I'm not too sure where you get your information from but there's never been a GSX, neither 1st nor 2nd gen, that had vented rear rotors. The 1st gen awd had the exact same rear rotors as the 1st gen 2wd GS-T and N/A versions. The 2nd gen GSX's rear rotors are the exact same ones as the 3G's V6 car's rear rotors.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts