Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forum, I drive a 2003 Eclipse GS and was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions.

1. How much should a paint job cost?
2. My eclipse has a black exterior with a red and black interior. The front seats are seat covers and the rear are painted leather seats which were not OEM seats to begin with. It was like this when I purchased the car, but the paint is cracking and I would like to replace the rear seats with a more effective method of colored seats. Does anyone know where/if I could find something like this and how much it would cost?
3. Does anyone by chance have these: SPEC-D® LT-ELP00JMLED-WJ - Mitsubishi Eclipse 2000-2003 Black LED Tail Lights ? I like the way they look in the picture but am not so sure how they would look on my car and would like some pictures of them installed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
welcome, as it comes for the paint job, it vary greatly in price as for what your looking for. I just painted mine myself for a little less than $400, a maaco will be about the same price, but wont be very quality and wont last. your average in my area is between $600-$1000. Then a show quality there is no telling.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
It would be easier to help with the paint job question if we knew your location there are members from everywhere on this site and I know prices vary from place to place. The seats I have no idea on . The taillights I would stay away from Those are the place hands here to push taillights. I forget who has them installed take a look in the members rides section and I am sure you will see them

·
1,005 Posts
You are probably looking at $1000 minimum for a quality paint job. I'm not sure about the seats but I say you just try to find some of the OEM black Leather and call it a day. A few members had/have those tails and they look okay. I'm not a huge fan. Like Menace said, look in the Members Ride Section and you'll be able to find some pics.

·
lit up
4,334 Posts
welcome!

yeah, the paint job can vary drastically depending on what you want.. i've heard estimates from anywhere starting at $100, spiking well over $5,000.. it really depends on what you want to get out of it..

as far as those tail lights, avoid them like the plague. if you buy them, expect the led's to start burning out within 3-6 months from the time you install them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
welcome!

yeah, the paint job can vary drastically depending on what you want.. i've heard estimates from anywhere starting at $100, spiking well over $5,000.. it really depends on what you want to get out of it..

as far as those tail lights, avoid them like the plague. if you buy them, expect the led's to start burning out within 3-6 months from the time you install them.
Is it just those particular model tail lights to avoid?

Someone asked about location, and I am located in the metro Atlanta area.
I already have a good deal of modifications to my vehicle and will probably be putting some pics up.

·
lit up
4,334 Posts
Is it just those particular model tail lights to avoid?
definitely avoid that set, the only set i'd call 'mediocre' is a set like this that uses superflux led's instead of 5mm led's:
00 02 Eclipse Chrome Philips LED Perform Tail Lights Rear Brake Lamps | eBay

they claim to use lumiled's which would greatly increase my recommendation if it were true(the lumiled superflux was intended, built, and rated for the rigors of automotive use), but there is really no way to verify that...

·
Registered
109 Posts
In my area Maaco will cost you an arm and a leg. I ended up going to a place calledd Econo Paint and yes they are the lowest price I found in my area for an okay job meaning you might have to tell them to re do something. I spent $400 for one of the more expensive paints they had. It comes with a 3 year warranty. Be cautioned that if you paint the car to any other color than the original it will cost more and also the door jams will cost you more if you decide to paint them. In all, I am pretty satisfied with the job and I no longer have to worry about the paint falling out.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I am in Marietta, Ga. The paint shop where they painted my front bumper and lip gave me an estimate on my whole car for 600 dollars for the paint and clear coat mixed they told me that it won't last me long, and 1,200 for paint and clear coat separated it's good quality paint job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.