Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
RIPPerized
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep getting a P2229 code which is an unidentified code. I was under the impression that there were no codes over 2000.

I've been getting this code for a while. I went to the dealership to get them to read the code. It came up as P0108 (barometric pressure) on their code-reader, so I have been clearing it under the assumption that it was a barometric pressure code. Yesterday I got both P2229 and P0108. So now I'm wondering WTF?

BTW, I talked to Ross about this, and he told me that someone else had gotten a code for high boost pressure. Apparently these ECU's are also used in some FI cars in other countries. Anyone able to shed some light into this?

·
RIPPerized
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it's an auto. What do you mean by "vendor specific" code?

·
RIPPerized
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BUMP. I put in the Zener diode. No barometric codes anymore, but I get the P2229 every time I get above 55 mph. And it doesn't matter how fast, or slow, it takes me to get there. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Boosted
3,343 Posts
Mr. Clean said:
Yes, it's an auto. What do you mean by "vendor specific" code?
obd2 has universal codes but they allow vendor or manufactuer specif codes in the P2000+ range for the vehicles

not sure if this one is or isnt though

EDIT

did a search and found other imports using P2229 as a code for P2229 Barometric Pressure (BARO) Sensor Circuit High Voltage

·
Registered
543 Posts
TheFranchise said:
did a search and found other imports using P2229 as a code for P2229 Barometric Pressure (BARO) Sensor Circuit High Voltage
I found the same thing - mostly in Honda's, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts