Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day my friends bulldog jumped up on my passenger side door to try to get into my car through the window to bite me, doing this he scratched the hell out of my drivers side door, then he ran to the other side and did the same thing. So now im stuck with a bunch of scratches on both of my doors, not deep ones but noticable. Without painting, does anyone have any products they use that would work best for removing these scratches? Today, I also noticed that paint has chipped off my hood, a spot about the size of a pea. Is there an easy fix for this? (Also without paint)

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Bring your car to a "GOOD" detailer and have them buff your car. If they suck then your paint will be ruined though so ask to see their work if you can. You can also wet sand it, but you need to know how to and what size grit. There is no product that I have used that does the job perfect. I used meguiars scratch x and it did an ok job but you will still see it. For the chips just get a touch up paint pen and fill it in. You will notice it a little but it will stop it from rusting.

I am going to get my car professionally buffed when I get enough money up. If it done right then the car will look like you have a new paint job. My car has surface scratches on it and buffing will usually take out any scratch that you cant "catch" with a finger nail, if you know what I am talking about.

Good luck!

Thats just my 2 cents, others may want to definately add!!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
You are welcome! Since my car is black they quoted me about 200 dollars. But they were gonna wet sand some orange peal I have on my spoiler.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Where are you located? If you're local in Northern VA, you can swing by and I can use some compounds/wetsand and fix this for you for minimum fee.

(FYI - Fill out your profile with your location, helps a lot)

·
Just Married 05-15
1,755 Posts
Try Rubbing Compount Level 2 or 3 using a back and forth motion (never circular). Then polish and wax. If the scartches are not deep that will do the job.

Also you can wet sand with 2000 grit (maybe even higher grid) using very light gentle pressure over the area with your hand wide open. Making sure you don't put pressure with the fingers. Then finish it off with the rubbing compound, then polish and wax. Also note that the clear coat that comes with our cars is very thin, so just gentle pressure with the sand paper.

I would recommend first to try using the Rubbing Compound above. You'll fall in love with it. Once you get them removed just polish and wax with your favorite product (I highly recommend Zaino or Maguiars).

Good Luck!

·
Just Married 05-15
1,755 Posts
You will, just make sure you don't rub it in circles but in back and forth motions. Otherwise you will leave swirls on the clear coat. Have fun and don't go rubbing compound crazy ;)

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
You will, just make sure you don't rub it in circles but in back and forth motions. Otherwise you will leave swirls on the clear coat. Have fun and don't go rubbing compound crazy ;)
I will wait to spring! I usually detail the shit out of my car as soon as warmer weather hits. Other then that I just wash it to get the salt and dirt off in the winter. I have to search and see who sells this by me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts