Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post up everything you've broken due to Forced Induction or Nitrous in your 6G72 :woot:

This is an engine that was donated to me about 3 years ago from a guy that blew it on a 75 shot of direct nitrous

OrlandoGT's engine, blown on 20psi and then some.

Rulez's engien, blown on 8psi with too small of an exhaust side turbine housing, and maybe a 13psi run on the dyno.

·
Turbo Buick > you
1,336 Posts
Well, finally got around to getting pics of my stock motor blown. I was ripp stage 2 hitting about 12psi (supportive bolt ons allowed more boost). As you may or may not remember, my motor was not healthy before i installed the SDS. So, if your motor isnt healthy before installing any forced induction kit, this is what is going to happen LOL!

PS: My sister took these pictures and forgot to take night vision off :bash:. O well, you still get the idea.

Alright, heres a pic of the rear bank of my motor from a distance. Already you can tell the middle piston is chipped.

Here is a closer look at the middle piston on the rear bank.

Here is the rear passenger side piston. 1 of 2 pistons not chipped.

Front middle piston.

Front bank driver side piston.

Driver side rear piston. 1 of 2 pistons not chipped.

Dont know why my sister didnt take a picture of it, but the passengerside front piston looks just like the front middle piston.

So heres a diagram... X= chipped, O= not chipped

Front Bank
X===X===X
------------
O===X===O
Rear Bank

The funniest part. I was still able to drive it to and from ripps with the motor like that ROFL...thats 3 hours of driving with the motor like that! :fawk2:

:lmfao: :fever: :eek3:

·
Waffle House > *
1,764 Posts
Damn, you 6cyl guys spend a lot of time tearing apart and building engines.... I'd like to see the same kind of thread in the GS/RS section.....

·
Lance Corporal
3,953 Posts
Slippercream's stock motor. 5.8psi with basicly no tune at all. The back bank probably looks the same but I havent pulled the rear head yet.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
I'll post some more pics in a bit. Randy already posted some from his car that I took.. and I got a set of ripp's pistons here that are missing huge chunks out of the ring landings. heh

·
Turbo Buick > you
1,336 Posts
Rulez said:
Yeah, I dont know if this thread was such a good idea :lol:
Russ >> :rant2: lol

·
Land Shark!
787 Posts
Rulez said:
Very true. If anything, this can be a testimonial of how to do things right the frst time :agreed:

:werd: I'm looking at everyone's problems and making sure I don't make them myself. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Tearstone said:
Weak pistons and improper tuning are a way to weed out the men from the boys :lol:
Can one assume that 100% of the destruction pictured here is from detonation or pre-ignition?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts