Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
My luvly manly lump!
2,438 Posts
FYI, Metra already has a SKU for a 4G DIN kit. According to them, specs are pending as soon as it "gets off the boat".

Roooight.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Anyone looking for a Carbon Fiber hood for their 06 Let me know. I have one right in the box. I got rid of my 06 so anyone interested let me know?

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll work on updating this soon. But....not much else has come to market! :lol:

·
My luvly manly lump!
2,438 Posts
If someone can confirm that struts are comparable to the 3G's, add Koni to the list for yellow strut-canister inserts.

·
My luvly manly lump!
2,438 Posts
Eh... I'm sure this is already in the catalogs, but the center dash console plate replacement, standard stereo 2-DIN is available from Metra, ptn: 99-7010.

IMHO it kinda looks like arse. But hey, the OE stereo on this thing sounds just the same :)

·
My luvly manly lump!
2,438 Posts
Hrmmm... It's been a while since anyone posted, but RRE does have quite a bit of options available beyond just your typical noob "mods".

• Strut Tower Bar - front
  • Rear sway bar
  • Quaife Zexel-Torsen type LSD :woot: (confirmed 1 in stock as of 10/19/06)
Also, we do know that the F/R brakes and rotors are direct descendants/ identicals to the 3G's. Hence the Rotoras, Willwoods, and Stoptechs will fit.

Rear shock is also the same as the 2G/3G's.

·
My luvly manly lump!
2,438 Posts

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
Quaife differential available for 2006+ 6Speed Manual transmissions

http://tearstone.com/shop/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=215&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=446&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

The Quaife Differential powers both drive wheels under nearly all conditions, instead of just one. With an ordinary open differential, standard on most cars, a lot of precious power is wasted during wheelspin under acceleration. This happens because the open differential shifts power to the wheel with less grip (along the path of least resistance). The Quaife, however, does just the opposite. It senses which wheel has the better grip, and biases the power to that wheel. It does this smoothly and constantly, and without ever completely removing power from the other wheel.

·
My luvly manly lump!
2,438 Posts
Nice, Russ! And at $50 less than RRE!

Any idea when we're gonna see ACT's rollout of clutches for the 4G? Also, do correct me if I'm wrong, but the 3G flywheels are also a direct bolt-on to the 4G, right?

·
My luvly manly lump!
2,438 Posts
Gee-zuhs.. I didn't see that headlight post. Nice. A little ricey but that'll do. Found a nicer angle for those headlights. Wish the two beam assemblies were more staggered. Oh well... always room for customizing :D

BTW, FYI, the rear rotors and calipers are NOT lifted from the 3G, as I previously thought. The 4G uses vented rotors while the 3G's are single-plate non-vented. So while the fronts are direct swap, gotta purchase a set of rear rotors.

·
My luvly manly lump!
2,438 Posts
FYI, Patriot Performance (Stratus R/T) is making attempts at adapting his stainless steel swaybar END LINKS (lever arm) for the 4G. Actually, I volunteered to be the guinea pig for this exercise.

These replacement SS swaybar end links are completely made of metal (replacing the bushing) and won't rust - and the sloppy rubber bushings are replaced with a ball-bearing mechanism that's 100% rigid and won't slack, rip, nor tear.

EDIT (from Stratus R/T): "They are not completely stainless steel, yet. Only the hardware is for now. The rod ends are still carbon steel with plating."

(NOTE: These pics are of the 3G's rear sway bar end links, and not of the 4G's)

OE Swaybar End Links/Bushing

Patriot Performance End Links - solid SS

FYI, RRE already has a beefier rear swaybar for $165.

Will keep you posted on this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts