Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pirate
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my 1987 BMW 535 recently kicked the bucket, so to speak. It's not really worth much on it's own, so I'm trying to determine if it would be worthwhile to sell it piece by piece or as the pile of metal it is. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
264 Posts
500.00 a ton.. How much you want for the front clip? fenders ,hood ,bumpers ,grill and lights.. My little brother has a jetta same body style and wants the bmw front end.. Does it look like this?

·
BCS = t3h suck
1,393 Posts
more trouble than what it's worth, if you ask me. I would donate it and get a tax deduction.

·
Pirate
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes, I have that front end, in faded blue, however, my headlights are all the same size. I'll let you know what is happening to those parts after I search around MyE28.com (thanks Kaotic Blue).

·
Pirate
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As for the tax deduction, I'm a college student who only interns over the summer. Think it would really be worth while?

·
Pirate
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, but would I get a sufficient deduction as compared to the amount of money I could receive from selling/parting the car out?

·
BCS = t3h suck
1,393 Posts
If you have the time and effort to part the car out then yes you will probably make more money doing that. I believe the stardard deduction you get for donating a car is $500 and if let's say the Salvation Army gets more for it at auction then you get to deduct that amount.

I think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts