Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, due to the fact of the extreme powers of rust and my ignorance in not knowing to remove the strut and inspect the inside of the tower, my car decided it'd injure itself. The actual strut tower (part of the frame, not the strut bar or strut) is about...90% disconnected now. Never noticed anything in terms of the car driving or handling different till I saw my hood popped up just a tad on one side a few days ago, around the same time I was attacked by the pot-hole demons. Long story short, look at the pic (ignore the red, it's gone lol).

Considering I got a quote at $3k to repair it, I think it's time to scrap the girl and part-out. I've got a list of things in there that you guys might want from the AEM V2 to my full 6g74 swap, RPW's, blah blah I'll post it up later. Just giving you all a heads up since I'm pretty much silent on this forum since I PM all the time.

Let me know what you guys think, and if $3k seems like the appropriate price/quote. $1.5k is what I'd consider tops for replacing this.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Past 5 posts

I'm not 100% on parting it out until I get at least 2 more repair quotes, but if I do, here's the listing for the parts you guys asked about so far:
Hood Struts (New, just installed a week ago) - $45-55 shipped

RPW's (their attached to a custom full/true 3" exhaust) - I'm not sure yet...No idea on shipping but I'd do somewhere in the ball-park of 3-450 picked up once I do my homework on pricing. I've had these for awhile.

EGR valve was decent, haven't had any problems and I clean it whenever I'm doing any engine work.

And to Silvertune, yes, it's a 5 speed mani.

While I'm at it, I'm on Tein-S techs with 18" Black Ice Mayhem rims with Nitto Extenza tires, both less than 1k miles on them. Sh*t, less than 500 miles even.

Have smoked Sonars with...6k HID's. All smoked lights, Optima Red Top, Big 3 (more like Big 5...I got carried away and kept going, including the starter, fuse box, etc...) Uh....Pioneer double din, custom gauge pod (I'm a dork), Full set of Prosport Evo gauges (I might keep these) - Water temp, oil pressure, wideband (yes, a wide, not a narrow for the those curious), Kenwood Amp (forgot the specs), and a long list of other crap.

Pics here are dated by a bit (tween 1 month - 2 weeks old), but I'll post some new ones once I get back to my car on the weekend (with proof of ownership, no worries). I wasn't planning on selling anything when I took these pics so that's why there's no name. There's a few changes between when I took them and now. I live in Chicago but had to park this thing in my parentsW garage in the suburbs so that's why you'll have to wait a tad. Street-side parking in the city is fierce and unpredictable...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ignore the short ram intake. I borrowed that from a friend because I had to relocate my battery and some things after the swap. I've got the AEM v2 back in there now.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heads up, it's official. I'm parting it. You guys will see the actual thread tonight hopefully. I'll put up a few pictures there but the rest will be on my google-drive link (took over 100). If you want something specific in terms of pictures or sound clips, let me know and I'll add anything new tomorrow morning.

I'm giving priority to anyone local on big parts due to avoid any shipping P.I.T.A. situations. And yes, literally the ENTIRE car is going up, including the 6G74 in there and body.

If you want to start looking early, here's the link to where my photos are:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0TPr3V1bfY5Skxacmk1Z3NGX1k&usp=sharing

P.S.- I'm "NOT" parting out the engine. I'm trying to keep that thing together for the moment (Long/Short block). For those wondering, it's running the 6g72 cams.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seriously? Give me one sec, could have sworn I set it to public. I'll update in a minute.

Also, I'm giving priority to local buyers but as of now, nothing is for sale UNTIL I put it up in the for sale section so that it's fair to the other members who don't read the whole forum :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Check again. I just re-did it, should be available. If not, I'm going back to Photobucket lol

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How about the large dash part mine cracked. I'm in Orlando
Mine is cracked too, but not to any extremely bad degree. If you wish, I can still send it out your way but keep in mind that the dash is a massive solid piece and I have not idea what the shipping cost will be from Illinois to Florida.

·
Registered
12 Posts
How much for your hatch? Did the Ripps sell? If not do you have any pictures of what shape they are in. Do you have a picture of your gauge cluster and how much you would want for it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts