Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to purchase online a valve cover for my eclipse 2003 gt. I need the one under the intake plenum in the back. The online source doesnt have a pic and asked is it driver side or passenger? Its neither its front or back.another said is it left or right? Its the one on back.so please is it left or right so i can order the damn part? I dont wanna go to a pick and pull. Ive taken off and reassembled the plenum twice on my own car just wanna order one.also if anyone knows where to get a new one i cant find one anywhere . thanks in advance

·
1,114 Posts
I think you'll have to call the place and get a clarification of what they consider driver's side and passenger's side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you'll have to call the place and get a clarification of what they consider driver's side and passenger's side.
Inwas on a website that had multiple sources selling parts.a man with an indian accent whom i dont think he knew anything about cars said just to let him know what side it was on they had driver n passenger side part. I dont remember the site but it sounded shady anyway
Thanks anyway

·
Registered
533 Posts
There's an easy way to determine left or right on a transverse engine. In your head, picture you're in the driver's seat and the engine is rotated so the front of the engine faces the front of the car (like it's a rwd vehicle). From the driver's perspective, the rear of the engine now faces the right/passenger side and the front now faces the left/driver's side. So the rear valve cover is the right side.

·
New To Site
54 Posts
My bad... my mistake .. i thought you where looking for gaskets . Remember if your at a wrecking yard .. look at the Chrysler Sebring and The Dodge Stratus too.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have a car quest in your area the will order what u need and usally have it in the next day

1 - 10 of 10 Posts