Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres the deal, my dad has a paxton an said i could have it if it'll fit my car. not a bad deal i thought until i noticed that all the centrifical superchargers are ripp sds'. so my question is will it fit or does it have to be an sds for fitment reasons. sorry i dont have pics or any thing but im stationed in charleston and live near chicago.

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
What you posted is pretty much worthless. There is a ton of models. How about posting some pictures and models. Otherwise no one will really help with answering your question without specifics.

·
My snail is bigger!
1,154 Posts
The SDS was designed so that the blower would be on the driver side of the car. So you'd probably need something similar to the SDS shaft.

I'm pretty positive there's no way to mount the blower to the engine on the passenger side and have it fit. Not to mention the piping routing... ugh.

Not to mention the blower would have to be CW or CCW in rotation depending on the orientation you would decide on.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im sorry i dont have pics, but location location location. i havent even seen it. im just trying to figure out if it was at all worth trying. now, according to my dad it spins cw. and the tube routing wouldnt be hard. i have a production tube bender at work. not really sure how to use it but thats what all the old civilians are here for right?

·
My snail is bigger!
1,154 Posts
im sorry i dont have pics, but location location location. i havent even seen it. im just trying to figure out if it was at all worth trying. now, according to my dad it spins cw. and the tube routing wouldnt be hard. i have a production tube bender at work. not really sure how to use it but thats what all the old civilians are here for right?
Yeah, but you're going to be routing the tubing along the radiator and right above the exhaust manifold, right? You don't want that charge pipe to heat soak.

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
i was thinking down into an intercooler. and i wrapped my headers too if that makes a difference
That's gonna be tricky bending to keep the air pressure up by the time it reachs the TB. Either way I have Vortech V1 and that's about as big as you want to go. No way you can really fit a bigger blower in there.

·
My snail is bigger!
1,154 Posts
That's gonna be tricky bending to keep the air pressure up by the time it reachs the TB. Either way I have Vortech V1 and that's about as big as you want to go. No way you can really fit a bigger blower in there.
Still, he doesn't even have a shaft running across the front of the engine. I couldn't imagine trying to fit a V1 on the passenger side.

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
Yeah, I doubt if you could even fit anything there. It would interfere with the alternator for the most part. Passenger side is the best place to put a blower if it would even remotely work.

Unless you can have it sticking out of your hood. :lol:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the input guys when i go on leave for x-mas ill take pics an see if theres even a chance of it fitting. i mean for the price of free i figured it was worth a shot right.

·
My snail is bigger!
1,154 Posts
thanks for the input guys when i go on leave for x-mas ill take pics an see if theres even a chance of it fitting. i mean for the price of free i figured it was worth a shot right.
Innovation is good. G'luck!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks man. i mean if i do get it to work the good news would be that there is another alternative than the sds. but would running the pipe infront into an intercooler really be that bad of an idea for pressure reasons? im not going to lie i know very little about forced induction.

·
My snail is bigger!
1,154 Posts
thanks man. i mean if i do get it to work the good news would be that there is another alternative than the sds. but would running the pipe infront into an intercooler really be that bad of an idea for pressure reasons? im not going to lie i know very little about forced induction.
Ah, it wouldn't be too bad. Just make sure to choose a good size for the piping. Just like exhaust as far as gas velocity goes.

·
New daddy
3,352 Posts
I bet you could get it to fit, if you removed the power steering pump or the A/C compressor. However, you would still run into the same issues as anyone else going N/A to FI.

·
New daddy
3,352 Posts
do you mean tuning problems?
Tuning, breaking, and always more money than you originally intend. The blower may be free, but everything else that goes with it will not be. BTW, do you know the specs on the blower? They really need to be sized according to the size of the engine and how well it flows air at a specific RPM.

·
My snail is bigger!
1,154 Posts
Tuning, breaking, and always more money than you originally intend. The blower may be free, but everything else that goes with it will not be. BTW, do you know the specs on the blower? They really need to be sized according to the size of the engine and how well it flows air at a specific RPM.
It's probably off a modular. It should work fine on our 3.0L unless it's massively big.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts