Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
bat mobile
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now before i get started i just wanted to say, i am aware that the term "chip" may not refer to an actual chip, but may be a program you can plug into your car and alter the signals being sent from the ECU.

my question is, for an 03 gts 3.0 v6, is there any point in buying a chip, if so what kind can i find for cheap, that will give me a noticable hp gain and torque gain, without spending a lot of money, iv seen gforce performance chips that claim to increase hp by up to 60, for $69, sounds almost too good to be true but please, if you dont have any experience with this chip dont reply to that part, but if you have experience with other chips id like to know results.

dont dogg on chips you dont have first hand experience with please, just the ones you have experience with, thank you very much for your feedback

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,040 Posts
chips do nothing for our cars. Those claims on gains with those chips for our cars is false. You want to look into getting your ecu flashed

·
bat mobile
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you for your posts, saved me some money, but now how do i get my ECU flashed, where would i go, how much would it cost, and is there some kind of brand or something i ask for, sorry i have no clue what im talking about but hey, thats what these things are for right? haha

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
When it comes to the 3G you can forget about all those gadgets and gimmicks. If it was as easy to buy a product like that which equates to spending just over a $1 per 1hp we'd all have done it by now.

There is no other way to put it than this.

|
V

flash your ecu and get a tune. done.

·
Farts In The Tub
2,245 Posts
thank you for your posts, saved me some money, but now how do i get my ECU flashed, where would i go, how much would it cost, and is there some kind of brand or something i ask for, sorry i have no clue what im talking about but hey, thats what these things are for right? haha
search the forum, there are tons of threads on it. more than i can count on my fingers and toes. tx4codeman (cody) does a lot of them.

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
bat mobile
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome yall, ill look into that, I appreciate everyone's feedback, its good to hear from people with the same gen car, more accurate advice:wavey:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts