Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Tha Born Legend
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To anyone who can help,

hey, i had plans to buy the performance intk manifold that was supplied by RPW. recently i checked there site to see how much they where now runing for and i noticed it was no longer posted.

so my question is, does anyone no of another site that makes and sells performance intk manifolds for are 3g gt? i already no of the vr4 manifold swap, i specificly want to no of another one made for are car.

thnx..

·
Turbo/Haltech V6
1,713 Posts
Just get the Diamante intake manifold. It works just fine. The only reason I would get one custom made is so that I can replace the spark plugs on the rear bank without having to take the manifold off.

·
Chuck Nasty
3,855 Posts
+1. cheap easy, painless. keep the throttle body too so you don't have to ask about a performance throttle body lol. both together might give you 10.

·
Tha Born Legend
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just get the Diamante intake manifold. It works just fine. The only reason I would get one custom made is so that I can replace the spark plugs on the rear bank without having to take the manifold off.
ok i apprciate it, but isnt the diamante a 6g74? and does the year matter? if not ill goto a junk yard and grab a TB and intk manifold from ta diamante
. thnx for the advice.

·
Premium Member
8,831 Posts
also get one without traction control. i think its any 1997-2004 diamante.

·
FearIsTheMindKiller
3,936 Posts
Boostzealot had a custom one made by xtreme manufacturing I believe. I may be wrong about the name though.

·
Tha Born Legend
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also get one without traction control. i think its any 1997-2004 diamante.

ok thanks, now why does it make a difference if it has traction control or not?

·
Tha Born Legend
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Boostzealot had a custom one made by xtreme manufacturing I believe. I may be wrong about the name though.
ok thanks, ill check that out as well, but will most likley go with the diamonte, sounds like they both do the same exept ones easier and cheaper.

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Diamante manifold, any year works. I went through both the early 97 and later 97+ manifolds. The only difference is there is an extra nipple on the later manfiold that you can cap off. Just hook up all your vac lines as needed and cap off the one thats left. Diamante tb works good two. Wish I hadn't destroyed my second one...

Anyone know exactly what RPW is doing? I frequent their site and they've been changing stuff around and taking products off and posting others. And for some reason there is no "Order" button on any of the things I want.

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,056 Posts
Maybe rpw is discontinue products due to lack of sales

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Well, like I said. I can't even buy off it. They've been reposting and if you search for a specific part you'll find it. But, I can't buy them.

·
Tha Born Legend
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ya thats strange. i suppose they could be doing matnince on there site.

·
Tha Born Legend
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Diamante manifold, any year works. I went through both the early 97 and later 97+ manifolds. The only difference is there is an extra nipple on the later manfiold that you can cap off. Just hook up all your vac lines as needed and cap off the one thats left. Diamante tb works good two. Wish I hadn't destroyed my second one...

Anyone know exactly what RPW is doing? I frequent their site and they've been changing stuff around and taking products off and posting others. And for some reason there is no "Order" button on any of the things I want.
i have rpws number and international on my phone, but for some reason the call dosent go threw.

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
Important Updates - Please Read

1. We are having email spam issues with Yahoo and Hotmail Accounts. Please use alternative emails as our system emails are unable to be delivered to these accounts.
2. Due to continuing website email issues, online orders have been turned off. To order any of our products please go to the Telephone Orders Link on the top menu and use that process to place an order. For Australian Orders, we are primarily sending all goods out utilising Australia Post COD freight.
3. The website will be temporarily offline as it is moved to a new host. From there some functions will be changed as the website is updated to new software.
their whole system seems broken. give it some time (so they can sort it out) and all should be well. (most companies phones are also handled by the server these days too.)

·
Tha Born Legend
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
their whole system seems broken. give it some time (so they can sort it out) and all should be well. (most companies phones are also handled by the server these days too.)
thanks, that deffintly answers are questions, exept one. why does it matter if the diamante has traction control or not?

·
Tha Born Legend
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
diamante TB

when i do the diamante intk manifold and TB swap, ill need a tb spacer for a diamante if i want to do that right? or will a spacer for an eclipse tb work?

·
Turbo/Haltech V6
1,713 Posts
The search option is your best friend in this website. Here is a link for the Diamante Intake Manifold how to:

http://www.club3g.com/forum/performance/84668-how-diamante-manifold-conversion.html

Here is another link to the Diamante Throttle Body info

http://www.club3g.com/forum/3g-eclipse-gt-gts-specific/86912-diamante-throttle-body-swap.html

I’m not trying to sound like a dick, but you will encounter a lot of smart ass (stupid) people that will make fun of you and won’t help you at all in this website, especially, if you don’t search before posting a new thread. The truth is that most of the topics one can come out with have already been discussed in this website and can be found by using the search option. There is a lot of great info in this site, and I recommend you to search all you can in order to avoid getting harassed by the smart asses. This is just a friendly advice my man. Good luck with your plans. :yesway:

·
Banned
160 Posts
RPW was supposed to be changing sites or servers or something. So that could be the issue.

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Well I hope they get it up and running. Its the only thing stopping me from finishing my race heads. All I need are the springs.

Per the manifold if you want to go unique and have some fun doing it you can make like me and some others and grab an XG350 manifold and have either a plenum or box plenum made for it. My FI project is taking so long I'm going to do that since I can get the manifold for 25$.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts