Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Out Sailing!
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For our fourth contest, week 3 winner, CujoJpN, has named the theme. This one should once again allow for all sorts of possibilities.

I encourage everyone to participate. We all might learn some things and get some creative ides.

Here are the rules:

1) Theme - CAPTURED MOMENT - The idea is to capture a moment in time! (Great theme)
2) Take as many pictures as you want that in some way incorporate the theme
3) Select your favorite photo and edit accordingly with post processing. Just remember, this isn't supposed to be a photoshop contest
4) Submit one and only one photo to [email protected]. I don't want to guess which one you want to use. You can send any size / resolution you'd like, i'll post them all to a smugmug to standardize the submissions
5) Include your screen name with your submittal so i know who is who (and don't worry, i'll keep email addresses private)
6) Photos must be taken, as part of the assignment, during the time period of the contest. Don't reach back into old albums just to get a good photo.
7) This weeks contest runs through Monday morning, 12/3. All submissions must be in by noon on Monday to be included. I'll post all photos on Monday afternoon and voting will be open until Friday the 7th.
8) This is for fun, bragging rights, and perhaps some erep for a really nice photo, so have fun, and get out and take some pictures.

·
I Wangs
43,483 Posts
I have to actually make a serious effort on this one. I've got the idea but I need to be able to capture it right.

·
Out Sailing!
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think some of the fun may be that you can't plan some of these shots. It may simply be a matter of catching the right moment at the right time on film....

If you plan it out, you might be missing the point.

·
Premium Member
9,734 Posts
Well, there are definitely different ways to approach this. You can set something up, and if its done well, it can work. The trick with getting a good candid shot is that it can be hard for it not to look like a simple snapshot. I like themes like these. The more ambiguous the better.

·
I Wangs
43,483 Posts
I sort of got the shot I wanted. it's not totally correct artistically but it works great as far as the theme goes.

·
Premium Member
9,734 Posts
No entry from me this week. No time!! Was home for the weekend with family, and couldn't be behind the camera. Want to extend it a few days? :D

·
Out Sailing!
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well...since so far, the only photo i have is from Rick, and i forgot to bring my memory card with me..why don't we extend this one for one more week, because i think its a good theme, and i'd like ot see what people come up with.

Rick, as the only other entrant, are you okay with extending this?

·
I Wangs
43,483 Posts
nah, I just like fucking with you fuckers. :D although having only two people in the contest would have insured me a 2nd place finish. :woot:

·
Out Sailing!
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright guys...don't forget to get in some shots for this contest. So far, i have two.....get me some photos over the weekend so we can enjoy what you've shot.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts