Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Out Sailing!
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For our fifth contest, week 3 winner, lilmatt, has named the theme. I personally like this theme a lot - it leaves endless possibilities. So there is no excuse for any of you to not go out and take a picture.

I encourage everyone to participate. We all might learn some things and get some creative ides.

Here are the rules:

1) Theme - EMOTION - The idea is to capture a photo that shows or elicits some sort of human emotion!
2) Take as many pictures as you want that in some way incorporate the theme
3) Select your favorite photo and edit accordingly with post processing. Just remember, this isn't supposed to be a photoshop contest
4) Submit one and only one photo to [email protected]. I don't want to guess which one you want to use. You can send any size / resolution you'd like, i'll post them all to a smugmug to standardize the submissions
5) Include your screen name with your submittal so i know who is who (and don't worry, i'll keep email addresses private)
6) Photos must be taken, as part of the assignment, during the time period of the contest. Don't reach back into old albums just to get a good photo.
7) This weeks contest runs through Monday morning, 12/10. All submissions must be in by Monday morning to be included. I'll post all photos on Monday afternoon and voting will be open until Friday the 14th.
8) This is for fun, bragging rights, and perhaps some erep for a really nice photo, so have fun, and get out and take some pictures.

·
I Wangs
43,483 Posts
Holy shit man, what happened? Does it work okay? That fucking sucks.
Did you buy the extended warranty?
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:
no I didn't buy the extended warranty, and yes everything seems to work fine. if you know the canon body, up top where your thumb hits the buttoms to zoom in and out while in playback mode...that corner up there now has a 1/4 inch or smaller crack. I was stupid (as usual) and didn't zip the bag back up after I put the camera back in. and when I stopped at the hotel the first night I went to take the back out, put it on my shoulder and BAM. the odd thing is there's not even a scratch anywhere on the camera so I have no idea where it actually hit the ground but it has that crack. I'll take a picture later.

·
Bicoastal Traveler
8,555 Posts
Well, that doesn't sound too awful, at least it wasn't the LCD or something. Thankfully it works okay.

Still sucks though!

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
I didn't have time to partake in the festivities this time.. but, I'm really excited to see the submissions!!!

Get the contest voting thread up!! C3G is slow today and I'm bored!!

·
Wut Wut In Da Butt
36,313 Posts
If someone would have taken a picture of me when Mayweather knockout out Hatton, I would have had a submission :lol:

·
Out Sailing!
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay...sorry its taken me a while to get to this today. I've been swamped at work. Here's the deal...i only have 2 entries (and i haven't had a chance to take on myself.)

I'm happy to put them up, if people want, or we can once again delay for another week....

What do you guys want to do?

·
Premium Member
9,734 Posts
Who's the other entry other than me? :lol: I'm game for a reshoot, as I didn't take the shot I wanted to take... You can post mine if you want, though. :)

·
Out Sailing!
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The other shot is from Blayze999.

I'll post these two (probably tomorrow) for fun, and why don't we do a reshoot for the same theme for next week.

We'll hold off on your theme until the following.

Sound good.

·
Premium Member
9,734 Posts
Yeah. It's gonna be tough for December I think. We might consider lengthening them until after the new year, or pausing entirely (I'd rather not).

·
Registered
610 Posts
Perhaps... maybe change the theme i picked for this week to something simpler or use Damians theme. It'd probably gauge alot more interest, and would allow people to just take an hour out of their day to get a shot, rather than having to plan something for a few days. The creative themes are great, but i find myself pondering too much on what to shoot, rather than just getting out and taking candid shots, which is what this contest is for.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts