Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Out Sailing!
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys...

Partly because of some diminished response, partly because of me being extraordinarily busy at work, the contests have been forced to slow down a little.

I have a thought. Damian's theme for the next contest was the 7 Deadly Sins. I think this is a very fun theme, and could provide a lot of great photos, but i also know that the holidays are busy for everyone. So, my proposal, is to use this them, start the contest today, and have it run through the end of the week of New Years. So all photos would be submitted by Monday the 7th. Then we'd get back into our normal timing and contests.

Since the 7 Sins, could produce a number of shots, i also suggest that this be open to submit 7 photos - ie you can submit one photo for each sin (if you want, you don't have to) and the winning photo will still be selected from the entire group. This will allow for more creativity, and more selection, and the additional time should give people lots of chances to take some photos.

What do you all say?

If you like it...i'll make an official post later today.

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
I certainly like the extra time. I might actually get one in for a change.

7 submissions seems... odd. But if others like it go for it, majority rules. Not that this is a "vote" but I'd lean towards one entry per person.

·
Out Sailing!
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just threw out the 7 submissions idea to correlate with the sins. If nothing else, it might give us some additional cool shots to look at.

But, i agree with you - majority rules, so we'll see what others say.

·
Premium Member
9,734 Posts
I like it. Only thing I'll add is this - if you submit more than one photo, they are to be judged as a group, not individually. So, you might have one fantastic photo in 7, but the other 6 could drag it down ... :)

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
My suggestion.. do a holiday theme and let it run through the same timeframe. That would open up the floor to a lot of creativity with decorations, gifts, "in the moment gift opening with kids", etc.

Do the 7 sins after the New Year.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
My suggestion.. do a holiday theme and let it run through the same timeframe. That would open up the floor to a lot of creativity with decorations, gifts, "in the moment gift opening with kids", etc.

Do the 7 sins after the New Year.
Haha yeah, that is an interesting holiday theme...

·
Out Sailing!
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, there doesn't seem to be a clear cut solution here...so...here's what i'll do.

Since Damian really was the last winner...i'm going to give him the final say in how we do this. Damian, list out how you think the next couple weeks should go, and i'll write up the contest description.

If you want to use the 7 sins, we can, or if you like the idea of a holiday theme, and we do the sins after new years, that's fine too. I just thought i'd let you make the final decision.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Bump.

With summer here, new seasons brings new weather, color, more activity, cookouts, pool parties, etc.. we should start this back up. It was really fun looking at some of the images people could capture and even more fun participating. Any thoughts on kicking this back off?

Summer Fun Action shots, Macro shots with bees/flowers, etc.. there are a lot of new possibilities. :)

·
Premium Member
9,734 Posts
I'm all for restarting the contests. I think its time. It's only been 6 months. :lol: I'll get them going again shortly.

·
Out Sailing!
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm certainly all for getting back into it, and i'm happy to keep hosting / collecting. Damian, just let me know if you want / need my assistance.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wow this site keeps getting more and more interesting lol. I would love to share my photo hobby with some of these themes. Ill keep my eyes posted for the contest

1 - 12 of 12 Posts