Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
One Lucky Fuck
10,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a bunch of pictures (probably ~100), but I only liked a few and did a little work on them in PS.

Here they are:

Old Tabby Ruins on Spring Island:

Statue of St. Francis of Assisi on Spring Island:

Shrimp Pond on Spring Island where one can fish, shrimp and set crab traps:

Crabs from Shrimp Pond:

All pictures shot with Canon Power Shot SD600 (Point+ Shoot) and post-process work done in PhotoShop CS3.

I am slowly self-teaching myself how to use PS. I took photography classes in high school and college and did well in them, but that was all B&W stuff on film SLR's. I was about a year or 2 too early to be taught the digital stuff, so now I am playing catch-up and am looking to pick up a decent Digital SLR in the next 3-6 months.

Any tips, comments or criticism are welcome and encouraged.

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
Cool. I like the second one and liove the last one the most. I guess the crabs are in a bucket or pot of some sort (looks like an enameled pot)? I like how they are in a circle like that, and great colors there.

·
One Lucky Fuck
10,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the first shot is a little over-processed.

I played with the Crabs in the pot shot some more and now I have this:

·
Out Sailing!
401 Posts
Mmm....blue crabs....i miss them. I grew up eating blue crabs on the Chesapeake. That pot looks so tasty.

That being said..i like the first rendition of the crabs more. As you noted on the first shot, i now think the second shot of the crabs is too overprocessed. You've oversaturated the blues and it looks a little watercolored now.

It might be fun to grayscale out everything except the blue and red on the legs and pinchers...Might give you a nice effect.

Your second shot with the statue framed by the trees is gorgeous, i just wish the statue stood out a little more. it blends in with the green of the grass, and loses the focus as the subject of the image.

·
One Lucky Fuck
10,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your second shot with the statue framed by the trees is gorgeous, i just wish the statue stood out a little more. it blends in with the green of the grass, and loses the focus as the subject of the image.
Funny thing is, the grass is actually THAT green - I didn't play with the color at all. I'll see if I can desaturate the grass a little and bring out the statue

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
:twothumb:

SC > *

sorta :eek:

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
It sure is beautiful, and with an agreeable client, prettier girls, etc. Now if only we could work on being last in SATs and first in STDs....
Where in Charleston do you live? I used to live in West Ashley, and before than in North Charleston for a while. I'm up in myrtle beach now.

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
Where in Charleston do you live? I used to live in West Ashley, and before than in North Charleston for a while. I'm up in myrtle beach now.
I lived here for four years:

Since then I did a 2 year stint in upstate NY, followed by a few months of bumming around Pittsburgh before ending up back in Charleston. I got an apartment for a few months in North Charleston out past the Air Force base. I bought a house a few months later in an unincorporated part of Dorchester County a little further out. I've been there ever since.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts