Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked for over an hour and not found this.

I am doing the kia DOHC swap on my 01 gs. I am at the point of finding pistons/rods and a crank.

What are your recomendations?

Oh and also to clarify I will be going with FI and am trying to get logged onto boomslang to purchase the tactrix cable.

thank you,
Daniel

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
the stock crank is way more than good enough. You should be concerned with the rods a pistons. Look up threads posted by DNS, Balla, and Napalm theyve all rehashed the same story many times so you should find good info in thier threads. Dont get flamed :bigthumb:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol thanks, well my crank had wear on the mains and I was just looking for a possible upgrade now since I have my engine completely tore down so that i don't have to later change it

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
Brian crower makes a "stroker kit" for the 4g64 bottom and EVO head. IT yeilds 2.6L total. It costs like $3300 right now.

It comes with the crank/pistons/rods

BrianCrower.com
Part #: BC0110
"STROKER KIT - Mitsubishi 4G64 Block w/4G63 Head, 106mm Stroke Billet Crank, BC625+ Rods, Custom Pis

"Stroker kit designed for 4G64 tall deck block. Go to a 2.6L with 87.5mm bore. Kit includes 4340 billet 106mm crank, Pro Series custom rods, custom pistons made to your desired bore and compression, pins, rings and locks. ACL Race Series rod/main bearings sold separately"

$4290.00 $3300.00

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can you say OUCH

I'm going for a lower cost for my complete rebuild than that costs lol... I guess I'll purchase a new stock crank or have the one turned.

Thank you guys again

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
Well, if you got different rods/pistons, I think you could do the rebuild for like 2500 with their crank.

I was quoted around 1100 for eagle rods/weisco pistons/gaskets/bearings/ARP rods.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I am trying to get logged onto boomslang to purchase the tactrix cable.

thank you,
Daniel
Why not just buy the Tactrix cable directly from the source:

tactrix

I've bought two from them (traded the first one) and the shipping is insanely fast!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so i have searched and searched some more anyone have a sugestion on pistons and rods? I've figured I am going to go with a stock crank

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have been looking at them and they seem to be the ones I favor.. rods seem to be whats got me wondering a little... I have rebuilt 2 engines before the later being a quad 4 had it bored 30 over with forged pistons and eagle rods not sure i made the right choice.. I'm trying my darndest to get this right the first time.

I'm looking to get compression down to 8.5 possibly.. I will keep looking and thatnk you for the link that gave more info than what i found before

1 - 16 of 16 Posts