Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I had a setback on my nitrous installation (broken side motor mouts), anyhow I replaced all 4. So I'm trying to finish up my nitrous install but I cant find a tach signal wire for the rpm window switch. I've read all the posts on Pin 43 but the GTS ECU doesnt have a wire on Pin 43, in fact the connectors look like they have different pins. Am I looking at the damn thing wrong or something? Help? Since this is just for a window switch and not a piggy back computer can I use a different signal? Underhood is ok too.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Read the pins left to right, top to bottom. Consider the far left plug A, the next B and so on. All pins are from the wire side of the connector. The clip side is the top. Remember that even empty pins count.

Please do not make a post that the FSM does not state A,B,C,D. The FSM numbering is oddball. A is 1-35. B is 40-66. C is 71-98. D is 101-130. (This is for a A/T ECU) This factory numbering is easier to lose count so I renumbered my schematics for ease of use.

INJ 1...........................A1 YEL/BLU
INJ2............................A9 YEL/RED
INJ3............................A24 YEL/BLK
INJ4............................A2 GRN/YEL
INJ5............................A10 GRN/RED
INJ6............................A25 LT GRN
INJ GRND....................B6 M/T B2 A/T BLK
DISTRIBUTOR(t)..........A11 BLU/BLK
TPS.............................C8 YEL
AIRFLOW....................B21 M/T B25 A/T WHT/GRN
RPM............................B3 M/T B5 A/T WHT
GROUND.....................B18 M/T B8 A/T BLK
12V.............................C29 M/T C28 A/T BLK/WHT

The pinouts for A/T are the same for Sportronic or Non.

I am pretty sure the wire color is green/red though I think it was a typo when they wrote white as the wire color.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
i have a sportronic tranny (01) and went by this diagram in a previous post. when i got to the tune shop, they told me that the pin i hooked it to was the crank sensor instead of the rpm. can't help you on which pin. . . but check out greddy.com and talk to the techs. they know.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Pacoslant, found it. I'm freakin retarded.. I was looking at it upside down and my green / red wire was the second wire over but it was in fact B3.

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
perna00 said:
i have a sportronic tranny (01) and went by this diagram in a previous post. when i got to the tune shop, they told me that the pin i hooked it to was the crank sensor instead of the rpm. can't help you on which pin. . . but check out greddy.com and talk to the techs. they know.
We use the crank sensor input to get a clean RPM signal.

·
New daddy
3,352 Posts
I have hooked up a SAFC II on pin 43 on a GTS manual. It is indeed pin 43 (oragne connector) on a manual transmission and it is pin 45 (one of two blue connectors) on a sporty. You need to make sure you are looking at the plug correctly, and are counting pins in the correct direction. Read through Opusx's SAFC install guide in the the garage forum. Nevermind hears the link.

http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249

·
Registered
642 Posts
g3gtsboy said:
Thanks Pacoslant, found it. I'm freakin retarded.. I was looking at it upside down and my green / red wire was the second wire over but it was in fact B3.
no problem dude, so it is green/red right?

Tearstone said:
We use the crank sensor input to get a clean RPM signal.
:yesway: :yesway:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts