Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im new to this site and hope this is how i post...
i had a post up earlier for tailights and recieved an ignorant response
I have done alot of research on this site to try to find answers but there are alot of different opinions.
I am looking to upgrade my head/tail lights, the website im using is carid because i have used them before

I want spyder headlights but am unsure if i should spend extra$$$ on ccfl, i dont know if they are worth it and heard they have issues. Also i want them to be dark so either black or smoked but am not sure if smoked is reflective as it looks like it is... or just go with depos for about 250$$$ if halos r a waste of time

For my taillights i am also looking at spyder leds black or smoked and spec d leds, i havent seen any spec-d in use. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

·
Administrator
16,338 Posts
So im new to this site and hope this is how i post...
i had a post up earlier for tailights and recieved an ignorant response
I have done alot of research on this site to try to find answers but there are alot of different opinions.
I am looking to upgrade my head/tail lights, the website im using is carid because i have used them before

I want spyder headlights but am unsure if i should spend extra$$$ on ccfl, i dont know if they are worth it and heard they have issues. Also i want them to be dark so either black or smoked but am not sure if smoked is reflective as it looks like it is... or just go with depos for about 250$$$ if halos r a waste of time

For my taillights i am also looking at spyder leds black or smoked and spec d leds, i havent seen any spec-d in use. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Ignorant response? Any more crap like that and you'll get no help. The car has been out for well over 13 years. Every headlight/taillight discussion has been covered and beaten to death. ALL your options are clearly notated in the same link to the same thread I gave you earlier.

It's really not hard. Look at your options, pick one, and buy. Opinions on them are in the same thread.

http://www.club3g.com/forum/show-sh...thread-head-tail-corner-pics-info-inside.html

And before you get upset thinking this post is ignorant as well, read this, yes, ALL of it. http://www.club3g.com/forum/new-members-forum/145102-doctrine-club3g.html

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if u go to the site i was talking about ur realize that the tail lights arnt on there and havent been in any threads... thats y i was asking

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does it say if ccfl are brighter, or better for the price of around 60$ extra no
it says leds are a bit easier to work with
as for the smoked out lights i was wondering if they are reflective like they look

please do just resend ur garbage and actually take into consideration what i am saying.

·
Administrator
16,338 Posts
does it say if ccfl are brighter, or better for the price of around 60$ extra no
Really? Might wanna look again.. "Hours of search", huh?

http://www.club3g.com/forum/3137234-post42.html

What you're asking is the same garbage that's been asked by every member for over 13 years. You're question is nothing new, nor special. That's why threads like that were made.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it says that depos have the best cut off and quality and can support hid but not recommended
sonars should not be used with hid but everyone uses them nothing else about what im trying to figure out

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and other thread state differently that leds are brighter and less of a hassle.... so maybe ive done too much research, if u dont want to help then dont but dont jsut copy and paste please

·
Administrator
16,338 Posts
it says that depos have the best cut off and quality and can support hid but not recommended
sonars should not be used with hid but everyone uses them nothing else about what im trying to figure out
READ THE LINK.

Cheap halos are LED halos, like I said they use 2 (5mm I think) LEDs to light the ring. The other type is CCFL halos, just like a CFL light bulb and visible during midday, but probably not at distances >100ft (midday), haven't looked into it that much.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wha about ccfl isues, i read problems about cold start and ballasts not working.... thats y i was asking if it is worth the extra money
as for my tail lights any opinions?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and would i be better off just goin with depos? i dont care about the halo too much, but if depos are way better and work alot better with hid do u recommend i get those for a bit of extra cash?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
u only addressed one issue barely, what about the tails... i know tyc are the best brand, but what about the ones i am refering too?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sry man i know ur trying to help... i have looked at carid threads now
i wasnt sure how how to use this well before, but still no answers
And i thought ur not supposed to tell me to search ?lol
i guesse im on my own:(

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i told u a researched, google and this site... but am not as familar with this one
hope u feel better about urself now

1 - 20 of 21 Posts