Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gleaned a wealth of information from this forum and for that I thank everyone. This is my first ever post!! I hope someone here will help me further with some answers. A very quick history I have a 2000 eclipse gt 3.0 v6 the starter turns the engine over but it will not start (there is no spark to any of the plugs). My son was driving home from school a couple of months ago and the car just died. I have been working on trying to fix this since. I have narrowed it down to the #13 fuse blowing which of course i then have no check engine light and no power the the ecu. This #13 fuse is a "key off" hot fuse and it doesn't burn until the key is switched on. Turning the switch on activates the "N" relay and then the fuse burns. I have searched but I haven't been able to fine wiring diagrams that outline the fuse block to tell exactly what all is controlled by that relay or that fuse on the fuse box lid it just shows a little engine symbol for both. I have replaced the dist., the ecu, and the immobilizer to no avail. The relay is a 4 prong relay and has "key-on" power to 2 of the prongs and "ground" to the other 2 it seems to me that whatever is wired to that relay is somehow causing a direct short to ground but not knowing what all is activated by that relay I have been unable to track down this short. thanks in advance to any and all help or suggestions

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yeah ur prob is a short now I can go
To school tmm and pull up a wiring diagram for u and put it here for u to see, unfortunately electrical problems are hard to help diagnose over a forum but I think that will jelp

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1 Posts
Texasterry Did you resolve your problem with the #13 fuse blowing? I have the same problem you have with an 01 Eclipse V6 coupe auto. The #13 20 amp would blow whenever power turned on. I took out the ECU and with it out the fuse no longer blows when power applied. I am assuming from this that the short or problem is somewhere on the ECU circuit but doubt the ecu draws enough power to blow a 20 amp. Anyway, I would greatly appreciate anything you can provide regarding your experience with the problem. Of course I would also appreciate any expertise I can get from any of you on the forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts