Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just getting into the modding scene. I have a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5-speed.

Currently I have:
1" lowering springs
Cold air intake
Stainless Steel exhaust
high flow cat muffler
4" tip

new belts and clutch.

Also, the guy who owned the car before me was a mechanic. He put in a rebuilt 2001 transmission.

I want to add a turbo, but i'm not knowledgable enough yet.

Any help?

·
Registered
61 Posts
well... if money's no problem just have a mechanic do it otherwise you're going to want someone who knows what they're doing already to help you with it so you learn some hands on shit

G

·
LOL ...well I'll try to be a little more help here I guess...

1st suggestion: SEARCH AND READ ON THE FORUM (for like 2 weeks straight) cause everything is here that you need to know

2nd suggestion: if you're not confident after searching and reading, go to a good tuner shop and pay them the money to do everything!!! (its worth it if you dont know what you're doing)

3rd suggestion: look under that hood again, seems like you got some aftermarket headers too there bro!!

and questions:
-do you have any idea how much money you're gonna put into your car??
-how many miles do you have on it?
-do you have the tools/space to do all this?

good luck though with everything, i love these motors, and i think they're all BEASTS!! beasts I say...

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL ...well I'll try to be a little more help here I guess...

1st suggestion: SEARCH AND READ ON THE FORUM (for like 2 weeks straight) cause everything is here that you need to know

2nd suggestion: if you're not confident after searching and reading, go to a good tuner shop and pay them the money to do everything!!! (its worth it if you dont know what you're doing)

3rd suggestion: look under that hood again, seems like you got some aftermarket headers too there bro!!

and questions:
-do you have any idea how much money you're gonna put into your car??
-how many miles do you have on it?
-do you have the tools/space to do all this?

good luck though with everything, i love these motors, and i think they're all BEASTS!! beasts I say...
I do have after market headers, it has 96,000 miles, and my uncle has tons of tools, he rebuilt a whole 1970-something transam

G

·
well then either do your research like a good little boy about everything you need...theres plenty of FI threads with great info, and do it as a project (gonna take time) or find a new friend at an awesome shop :)

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
On the first page of this particular forum, I can count over 10 turbo threads about installs.

Your best friend is your brain along with your eyes. Use the two of them to read and learn.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
I have been researching and learning for 2yrs on turboing my SXT, it takes alot. And I have found out you cant go bottum draw parts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only tip I can offer is something a really wise t00n3r once told me, and its;

"Ask any real racer, it doesnt matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning!"

...may the schwartz be with you
do you mean vin diesel in Fast and the furious 1? lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.