Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
02 eclipse(:
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i have a 2002 eclipse GS it's not heavily modified but i have a few after market parts, so recently it started hesitating when under load, accelerating usually between 4k rpms and 5 1/2K rpms, and it would just keep sputtering, i replaced the alternator, the spark plugs, plug wires, coil packs and now the fuel pump and filter, it's still going on, but now it's also hesitating when it's parked, not just under load, it is having erratic idle and keeps dying when it's parked, it's been throwing a PO300 code. i've looked around and tried to search what the problem could be coming from and so far i haven't figured it out. i tested my injectors and they're working fine. i checked my air filter and it's not clogged or anything. earlier i started the car and unplugged the MAFS while it was running and it seemed to run a little better the idle wasn't sparatic like before but it ran weird since the air wasn't being monitored. as soon as i plugged it back in the engine began to hesitate idling and eventually died again. any suggestions??? i can't figure this out. is my MAFS going bad possibly?

·
02 eclipse(:
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
could you give me a quick run down of how to do that? and if it is that, then what? if i'm not getting the right compression what would be the cause.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts