Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been trying to find a thread on here on how easy it is to install pod gauges but i cant...i was just wondering if i order them with the air/fuel mixture, oil pressure, and volts... would it come with directions on how to actually connect them to the car? or could someone tell me, i really want those pods but i dont want to purchase any if i dont know how to install them...thanks i would probably be ordering from glowshift...thanks

·
Medic
2,354 Posts
Do not purchase the air/fuel gauge that is part of a 3 pack special from glowshift. Make sure the a/f gauge is a wideband sensor such as the AEM UEGO or Ziextronix. Anything other than a wideband is just a blinky light. I purchased the exact same 3 from them years ago. Now all i use is the a/f ratio as its all i need with the setup i have. I chose to take down the pod and just use the driverside airvent to mount the gauge.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i only wanted the volt meter but i thought it would look stupid with just one pod so i figured i would just do all three...but putting it into the air vent may not be a bad idea...i just hate the idea of taking apart the dash to wire the damn thing

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i really like the look of that but if you believe that the other two are basically useless from glowshift i will maybe just purchase the volt gauge

·
Medic
2,354 Posts
I only mentioned that the A/f gauge uses a narrowband sensor and dosent work well. As for a wideband sensor, it will help alot more with tuning and giving accurate a/f ratio readings(UEGO & Ziextronix gauges).

·
SPYDEY MF!
5,223 Posts
but some people like show, so which are the 3 best gauges to get?? I understand you run to the fuse box, but like for a/f ratio or oil pressure or volts, what do you connect them to??

·
Medic
2,354 Posts
Oil Temp or Pressure will have a sender that sends the signal to the gauge.. Do a search over oil filter sandwich's, they are the easiest way to get oil stuff setup.

Narrowband a/f connects to one of your o2 sensors wires.
Wideband a/f comes with its own sensor and all the wiring.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
so which are the 3 best gauges to get??
:btt:

Bumping to hopefully find out the answer.

I want to know the same thing. I will always be NA so I know I want volt, but what are the other "good" or most popular ones to get for a NA car.

It may be for some show also but I want them to actually work.

Im going to do the 3 gauge thing.

·
V8 > 3G
2,717 Posts
:btt:

Bumping to hopefully find out the answer.

I want to know the same thing. I will always be NA so I know I want volt, but what are the other "good" or most popular ones to get for a NA car.

It may be for some show also but I want them to actually work.

Im going to do the 3 gauge thing.
well the volt meter is a useful gauge for many reasons. ie sound system, alternator/battery issues

vacuum is something most people over look when buying gauges for a NA setup. with a vacuum gauge you'll be able to see what condition your motor is in and if you have a leak in the system. its not as fun to watch as a boost gauge

oil pressure is always a good thing to keep an eye on as well.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Thats what I think I am gonna get after I think about it. Are any of them more necessary then the other, except volt?

The narrow bands are just a waste of money correct?

·
From the Internet
2,303 Posts
If you want 3, then go for a Volt, Oil pressure, and a turbo (IF you actually own one), vacuum if you don't.

I'm just gonna get a dual gauge setup and go with the volt and oil pressure. I have no plans on a turbo.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
If you want 3, then go for a Volt, Oil pressure, and a turbo (IF you actually own one), vacuum if you don't.

I'm just gonna get a dual gauge setup and go with the volt and oil pressure. I have no plans on a turbo.
I have no plans for a turbo either! This is going to be a summer project! Just getting ideas now! Thanks everyone!!!:twothumb:

1 - 20 of 84 Posts