Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
no exp with one. any chance it is related to the alternator? "generator field" sounds like an alternator issue to me. I'd have autozone check it and keep some jumper cables handy just in case... I wouldn't rely on a voltage reading either. I searched and this is definately not a common issue. Any headlight dimming or weak stereo at the time of the code popping?

·
148 Posts
james is trying to help me out this is my P0622 issue, but no headlight dimming or stereo issues. I am trying to figure out what an ECM failure is pertaining to

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
james is trying to help me out this is my P0622 issue, but no headlight dimming or stereo issues. I am trying to figure out what an ECM failure is pertaining to
ECM? Ihave heard of ECU and PCM. Engine Control Unit (5spds) and Powertrain Control Module (auto trannies). Could it be Engine Control Module?? :ugh2:

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts

·
148 Posts
i got a little info on the control module, im actually hoping its the computer bc mitsubishi will actually warranty that part of the car still.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I hate to revive the dead but its better than making another post, I just started with the P0622 last week, I can see that my voltage will drop below 11V almost to 10V while im driving and my sterio will start to cut out, but if I rev it up over 4500-5000 my gauge will go back to the ~13V range and stay there. It's only every once in a while. Anyone know if this is an alternator issue, if so who has good performance (hi amp)alternators for best prices, or if this is a ecu or other issue. I thank you...

Chris

·
Pissed
1,387 Posts
Hi Chris -

The only way you're going to find out for certain if your alternator is going bad is to remove it and have it bench tested at Autozone/Pepboy's/Schuck's, et al. Removal is a fairly simple job.

If it's bad, get it replaced. Just be sure that if you buy a re-built unit, to have it bench tested before you leave the store. Sometimes, the re-built alternators are still bad (it's happened to me only twice in 20 years, but still...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts