Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Chalk City Bitch
14,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the rash of noobs posting the wrong things in here with no regard to the rules, what if we had a tool in place when you join that directs you to the O.T. Rules and you have to read them and mark a check box at the end or something to indicate you'd read them (sure they could cheat but at least it would get them there with a chance they might read them) before you'd ever be allowed to post in O.T.?

No idea if it's doable or not...just a thought.

·
Fear my erep power
4,294,967,295 Posts
Most of the people who join dont care about OT and wont go into it. Why expose them to the least noob friendy part of C3G first thing they see.

·
Douchecanoe
1,729 Posts
Most of the people who join dont care about OT and wont go into it. Why expose them to the least noob friendy part of C3G first thing they see.
I think she was talking about the first time they click on the OT link it'll send them to the rules and they must agree to the rules before they're allowed in.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Technically speaking it should be very doable.

·
TxTuning.com
6,814 Posts
I don't know about you guys.. but i never read all that gibberish when downloading stuff and what not. I agree and keep going...so why do it on a forum?

·
5-Spd's FTW
1,595 Posts
I don't know about you guys.. but i never read all that gibberish when downloading stuff and what not. I agree and keep going...so why do it on a forum?
because at least it is presenting the n00b with the material first thing, rather than as an option to see it or not.

·
We are...Penn State
2,503 Posts
:agreed:
with xxxx amount of posts.
I don't know if you could really do that, because let's be honest, the people with several thousand posts make the majority of their posts in OT. If we don't allow people with fewer posts to come into OT then OT will eventually die as the "originals" leave the forums. There would be noone to take their places

·
5-Spd's FTW
1,595 Posts
I don't know if you could really do that, because let's be honest, the people with several thousand posts make the majority of their posts in OT. If we don't allow people with fewer posts to come into OT then OT will eventually die as the "originals" leave the forums. There would be noone to take their places
i see your point.

but then again, i see many people with a few thousand posts, that only post in OT every now and then. ive got over 1200, and ive posted maybe...30 in OT.

i wasnt saying it was a good idea, i was throwing it out there.

·
Premium Member
31,369 Posts
I like that idea Shelly. :agreed:

·
I can haz footballz?
8,009 Posts
You could always have a test, like 5 basic questions they would have to answer about the rules. If they couldnt answer them right, they wouldnt get access to OT.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
You could always have a test, like 5 basic questions they would have to answer about the rules. If they couldnt answer them right, they wouldnt get access to OT.
Now that would be funny. If they fail the test, they can retake it next year. :lol:

Just make it a spelling test.. that should deny access to 90% of them atleast.

·
We are...Penn State
2,503 Posts
Now that would be funny. If they fail the test, they can retake it next year. :lol:

haha, the problem with an online spelling test is that you would have to ask the question like, "Please spell 'Telephone'...crap."

·
I can haz footballz?
8,009 Posts

It would eliminate stupidity, but it would seriously make them KNOW the most basic rules to OT. Like make them click an "I agree" box, and then send them to a separate screen without the OT rules to reference and ask them questions. :lol:

·
I can haz footballz?
8,009 Posts
haha, the problem with an online spelling test is that you would have to ask the question like, "Please spell 'Telephone'...crap."
:uh: No not really, i think all you would have to do is ask them to spell out their answers to a written question like:

"What specific material is not allowed in OT?"

and then they would have to spell out:

"Car related material"

·
We are...Penn State
2,503 Posts
:uh: No not really, i think all you would have to do is ask them to spell out their answers to a written question like:

"What specific material is not allowed in OT?"

and then they would have to spell out:

"Car related material"
ok, so then it would be a combination of a spelling test and an OT rules test. That covers both bases, but then you would have to be able to account for multiple answers, e.g. "Car related material" or "Car talk". I don't think this idea will happen so it doesn't really matter, I'm just saying. I do like the idea though

·
I can haz footballz?
8,009 Posts
ok, so then it would be a combination of a spelling test and an OT rules test. That covers both bases, but then you would have to be able to account for multiple answers, e.g. "Car related material" or "Car talk". I don't think this idea will happen so it doesn't really matter, I'm just saying. I do like the idea though
:lol: the spelling test was a joke, but i honestly think that a quiz would force them to read the rules through

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.