Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Update. I replaced the EGR solenoid and my check engine light is gone. No more fast idle ...car is running great and getting great gas mileage.
Just out of curiousity, how high was your idle? every now and then the insufficient flow EGR code pops up but, Im chasing bigger issues now (having to do with my brake/battery light coming on and upper and lower oil pans leaking).

·
Registered
411 Posts
Believe it or not, my car idled at 2500 RPM...I had to ride the brake to keep in the flow of traffic. After reading a lot of posts on this subject It gave me the courage to replace the upper intake on my own. It was a very simple job. I was afraid to do it because of all the sensors/solenoids and wiring. I am over the moon with joy now that my car is running strong...
I've never fully taken the Upper plenum off but, just to do spark plugs and valve cover gaskets but, my next trip in, I'll pull mine off completely, clean and paint it. I may get a cheap one from the junkyard and have it ready. I saw someone sell a polished one on Facebook that looked really good.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sounds like you got an air pocket in your system. I run a mishimoto also. You have to make sure your inside temperature it is turned all the way to hot while refilling the system. I flushed my whole system and mixed only 2 gals of antifreeze like the fsm called for and no problems.

·
Registered
411 Posts
After the engine warms up, shut it down, let it cool, open rad cap and top off with coolant. Repeat process until all overheating stops. The coolant systems on these cars can be a pain to bleed the air from.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts