Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read through tons of threads and as soon as I think I've found the answer to my question the next thread suggests something different. Forgive me if I missed the thread with the info I needed.

I'm looking to add between 50 to 150 WHP. My MAX budget would be 5K I don't have an imaginery wallet like some of the people I've seen ask for help where their 10K+ budget. I'm more interested in nitrous to keep the intial cost down and keep my lead foot in check having to get out of the car to open the bottle. Some have said that the GT engine can handle nitrous better that the GTS but I want to also consider an SDS or build a turbo kit utilizing the DDP manifolds as I've heard more bad than good about the kit as a whole. I welcome any suggestions besides "buy another/different/faster/etc car".

·
Registered
462 Posts
well.. i know this is your 1st post and your new.. but just say hi in this forum, then copy all that to a performance forum for the gts/gt.. you will see it just scroll down :)

good luck.. and $5000 is alot to spend! damn, that almost as much as the whole car is worth these days lol

·
stupid booster
7,219 Posts
3.5 L swap, ceramic coat the pistons, long tube headers, ported heads, diamonte intake manifold, bored out TB, CAI, 75 shot of nitrous

·
Never say never!
10,837 Posts
Well outside of I/H/E. There isnt a whole lot you can do to add power to this car unless you go FI. And if your budget is 5k. Then I would say nitrous is your best way to go. You would need to upgrade your internals though. The stock pistons are week as shit in the GT and even worse in the GTS. Good luck.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In order since I took so long to reply

I did post it there but I guess they moved it and I know thats more than what I got mine for.

Whats the donor car for for the 3.5 and do you need to tune for the long tube headers. Some say that you need to. Its the first car that I've heard that about.

Thanks for the welcome and I plan to.

Yea I think I'll have to stretch it but if it means doing one thing at a time then so be it.

I'm all over it.

I'll repost in the GT/GTS forum again. I didnt know they would move it.

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
If you had posted this in the GT/GTS forum, it would have been closed as a result of your lack of searching since these items gets discussed so much already. Since you are posting in the Newbie forum, those of us who feel kindly enough to contribute to repeat the same information over again call to your need.

With a budget of $5K don't expect too much as you can see from the product and price listing from our site. The best bang for your buck power adders is nitrous and you can do a 75 wet shot on your OEM engine with no problems.

Welcome to Club3G :)

·
TxTuning.com
6,807 Posts
Whats the donor car for for the 3.5 and do you need to tune for the long tube headers.
The diamante. RPW shorties work on the 3.5. I'm pretty sure RIPP long tubes wont fit, and in that case hytechs probably don't either.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i think i'm gonna go I/H/E w/a diamante manifold and larger TB and a 75 wet shot of nitrous.:) is there substantial if any additional power/reliabilty to be gained using an emanage (ultimate) to fine tune on top of that or is it overkill:scratch:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
3g -> LGT
738 Posts
You can also run a 100 shot on stock internals and hear the timebomb ticking... tick...tick...tick

·
TxTuning.com
6,807 Posts
well i think i'm gonna go I/H/E w/a diamante manifold and larger TB and a 75 wet shot of nitrous.:) is there substantial if any additional power/reliabilty to be gained using an emanage (ultimate) to fine tune on top of that or is it overkill:scratch:
just reflash your ecu.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You can also run a 100 shot on stock internals and hear the timebomb ticking... tick...tick...tick
:rofl:umm no the last time I blew an engine was on my civic and I had to push it a mile home. If I can find them I will post pics of the what must've been the funniest engine let go I've ever seen. My best friend had just put a 100 shot dry setup with the nozzle right next to the TB on his Type S and working at a hospital he decided to borrow some Oxygen tanks and fill his bottles with that instead of nitrous. Imagine pinned and I mean pinned in your seat then BOOM!!!!! Needless to say hes not allowed within 100 feet of my car with a tool in his hand lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts