Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive my car to school this morning and when i get out i hit the lock button to lock the doors and nuthing happens. So i hit it again and still nuthing. So i had to manually lock them. When i got home i tryed to look for the fuse but couldnt find it maybe someone could tell me where its at in the fuse box? Also does anyone else have any ideas of that could be the problem?

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Any chance your remote FOB battery is just getting low on power? I have to hit my lock button several times or get close and point the FOB at the car in order for it to lock ad its been like that for the past few months. I'm pretty sure my issue is just a weak battery inside the FOB. :dunno: I have no clue where the fuse would be.

·
Medic
2,354 Posts
Not gonna go into detail, but mine has a mind of its own these days doing.Lock/Unlock randomly.

Does the power lock inside the car work?

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Not gonna go into detail, but mine has a mind of its own these days doing.Lock/Unlock randomly.
LOL, I almost mentioned the same thing. Occasionally the car starts bugging out and locking the doors like 1-2secs after I unlock them. Pisses me off but its intermiddent(sp?). Personally, I have never had issues with the interior switches, just with the remote FOB.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
:agreed:

We'd need to find out if the remote is what doesn't work, the door switches don't work (both of them), or both the remote and the door switches. Also, do they unlock with the remote and/or the door switches? That will give us a lot better idea of where to start looking...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea sorry i didnt specify that. I dont have a remote so its the button in the car. But listen to this. My passenger window started to not work about a week ago. I just thought that the motor had gone out and was going to get a new one. Well today when my locks didnt work my window rolled down? And i just got in my car again and now it locks and my window works. What is going on???

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere...are there any other electrical problems you have? Have you done any electrical work on the car? With the "Simplified Wiring" of the Eclipse, so many things are routed through the ETACS ECU that something that seems unrelated could have an effect on other circuits...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have not done any wiring on it at all. I put in a new window motor last summer but it has always worked fine. Im not sure what the deal is.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Is the car under warranty? Sounds like something like this would be covered :dunno:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ha far from it 158,000 miles. Today the locks somtimes work but now when im driving i hear them unlocking on their own, and quite often too. What is making them do this? Does anyone know the wire to the switch so i can just cut it maybe and i will just have to use my hands to lock/unlock now. I dont know what to do about it.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
ha far from it 158,000 miles. Today the locks somtimes work but now when im driving i hear them unlocking on their own, and quite often too. What is making them do this? Does anyone know the wire to the switch so i can just cut it maybe and i will just have to use my hands to lock/unlock now. I dont know what to do about it.
This would be very foolish for you to do...if you're having an electrical problem, one of the worst things you could do is create another one.

What you're going to have to do is get out a multimeter and the wiring schematic and trace the circuit...if you don't feel comfortable doing it, I'd say take it somewhere, but you're probably going to pay quite a bit for someone to track down the problem...:ugh2:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Damn i guess ill just have to live with it then.
Or try and learn how to troubleshoot electrical problems...it's not hard to do, you just have to understand the principles of electrical circuits, which there are plenty of website that go pretty in-depth on...

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
I agree with Kidney Bean. Get yourself a $10 DVM from Radio Shack or where ever, break out the FSM and start probing. It'll only cost you $10 and some patience. Taking it to shop could cost you up to $1K. Shops just LOVE electrical problems as they can stick it to your wallet good!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts