Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here know the exact size or part number of the power steering reservoir cap o-ring? I searched on here and online, but even Mitsubishi doesn't seem to have a part number for it. It's just included as the reservoir, which is discontinued. I bought a set of o-rings but none of them fit perfectly and it keeps leaking really badly. Any help on this would be appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Spyder GT
540 Posts
Does anyone here know the exact size or part number of the power steering reservoir cap o-ring? I searched on here and online, but even Mitsubishi doesn't seem to have a part number for it. It's just included as the reservoir, which is discontinued. I bought a set of o-rings but none of them fit perfectly and it keeps leaking really badly. Any help on this would be appreciated, thanks!
Go to an auto parts store or hardware store, remove the o-ring and try matching it up with one at the store, or spend $40 on a new reservoir from ebay...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I threw the old O ring away. It was 20 years old and leaking too, I thought the new O ring would be better, but it's the same. I tried to double up on O rings, but still no luck

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT
338 Posts
I measured an old one at 18mm ID, 24mm OD, and 3mm thickness. I used a ruler, not a micrometer. Also, since my o-ring is old, a new one may be a slightly different size. But this should get you in the ballpark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts