Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pipe that is between my cat and my header finally rotted through. I'm not sure what the technical name for it is but it goes from the bottom of my header to my cat back. I don't have the stock cat. I have a 2001 RS if that matters at all.

But if anyone has an extra one laying around, I'll buy it off of you. I don't want to buy a new one for $700.
Thanks. :yesway:

·
m0re sticker=m0re hp
238 Posts
I believe you are better of going to a shop and making one. When I order a cheap ass exhaust it didnt come with the cats so what I did, I bought an o2 simulator and went to a shop and they welded it on (with parts including o2 simulator) it was 95$

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I NEED HELP

I feel like a total noob for asking this because I know the components of an exhaust system (it's not rocket science) but I have no clue what is going on under my eclipse. I have a 4 cyl btw

When I bought the car the dude had already installed a Greddy Catback. (It sounds great but I plan to install the invidia n1 catback) Anyways, like I said in the post above, my flex pipe broke in half due to rust. Now, the exhaust diagram on the Mitsubishi website shows that there should be a Cat right after the extension of the flex pipe, but I don't have one. My flex pipe just connects straight up to the Catback.

This is what it looks like.

[/URL][/IMG]

You cant see it in the picture, but the break is just to the right. Does this mean I don't have a Cat, or am I speaking nonsense here? I passed emissions just fine. I want to replace my broken flex pipe but I can only find one that has the cat connected to the end of it. Is the cat welded on to the end of the flex pipe or can I just pop it off to replace my old, rusty, pos flex pipe. I found it on ebay for cheap so I don't care about not using the cat.

So yeah, idk. Is this how its supposed to be? and What do you guys recommend?

·
m0re sticker=m0re hp
238 Posts
if that is a rs than the cat is right around ur oil pan I believe. go to autozone and see if ur throwing codes for emissions but before that jack up ur car and see. no way to to miss it because It come right after headers and its a rectangular "box" I believe it comes before those 2 long hooks

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope, the flex pipe connects from the bottom of my header and then its just the cat back from there. There's no other pipes that connect to a box or nothing. I'm stumped man. The diagram of the exhaust system on the mitsu website is totally different from mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.