Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, im new in this forum, i have a 3g eclipse GTS 2003, ive had it for around 1yr now, but its making this noise, like a rattle which i research on this webside and found out that it might be the "lifter tick" it only rattles when the car has been park for a while, u turn it on it rattles, then off and on again and it doesnt rattle, ive tried changing the oil to syn castrol oil, it did help a little it doesnt rattle as often but it still does. so i was wondering if its too much trouble to fix/change the lifter tick, am i able to do it myself? or around how much will it cost to get it fix with a mechanic?

·
Registered
261 Posts
How many miles? Does it rattle for just a few seconds at start up every now and again then goes away? And if you turn it off then on again it doesn't do it. And are you sure it's coming from the front?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How many miles? Does it rattle for just a few seconds at start up every now and again then goes away? And if you turn it off then on again it doesn't do it. And are you sure it's coming from the front?
it has 120000 miles,it rattles for a minute or so and it goes away, if i turn it off and on again it goes away, and yes is in the front,

·
passport applied for
2,437 Posts
we do the rev it up and shut it off too! it works, i don't know why. but it works!
personally i would keep up oil changes and learn to live with it,if it is lifter tick after all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts