Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening,
I have bought a 3g two months ago(before I had 2012 4g but rear-ended nissan centra on 65mph).
Problem list:
1. So my baby is 2000 eclipse GT(bought at 134xxx, now 138xxx). So it was running pretty smooth for a months and than I noticed that when its idling it shakes...shakes really hard(maybe more than my previous girlfriend having orgasm). What can it be?
2. So from the first day i was driving it on maximum of 60mph(more of 55), but for last two weeks my avg hwy speed has reached 80. and at the same time I noticed that my babe became really greedy and thirsty for fuel...e.g. for last two days(approx 190-199 miles) it sipped nearly 2/3 of tank. What can be a reason for it? I have 4 suggestions from friends, internet etc: faulty injectors, faulty ecu, increased speed, larger number of short trips(i start my car 9-12 times a day driving approx 100mi).
3. Today I wanted to change plugs and when I put off one plug wire i noticed that on the top of the well is the source of oil. Is it normal or not? But to be honest, i don't see any changes in drivability and performance(still less than 6.5 to 60 on tiptronic). So my question is if somebody has this kind of problems?
Thank you. Im sorry for such messy post...my first one.:)

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Do some regular tune up. Oil change, timing belt, ect, valve cover gaskets, plugs wires.
All the normal stuff, maybe try seafoam?
Then what is your actual mpg? It may just be a matter of getting your car mechanically sound first. If not these are all good things to do anyways

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do some regular tune up. Oil change, timing belt, ect, valve cover gaskets, plugs wires.
All the normal stuff, maybe try seafoam?
Then what is your actual mpg? It may just be a matter of getting your car mechanically sound first. If not these are all good things to do anyways

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks for advice.
But the stuff is that oil was changed 16xx miles ago, belt two months ago(when i bought the car), as i said about wires and plugs i wanted to change 'em but seen oil inside the plug wells and decided not to proceed...
According to Fuel Monitor app my current fueleconomy is 17.98 mpg.

Hm... i never understood the purpose of seafoam. Most guyz recomend putting it everywhere... Weird stuff. Never tried it tho.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The 20 mph increases of average speed will have a great deal to do with the decrease in it fuel mileage. I have a 03 rs 2.4 four cylinder and I started experiencing the same thing I look in the owners manual see if I needed 2 do anything as fast as tune up but it said that at speed greater that I think 55 or 60 u will experience a decrease in it mpg I don't know what causes the oil in the plugs mine was same way but I went ahead and changed them cause oil wasn't actually getting 2 the tip my mechanic said that I needed 2 have the valve cover gasket replaced cause there is o rings and everyone of the plug shafts and if those go bad that oil will get in there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts