Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just joined the forum, lots of good info. just had a few questions about my eclipse. its a '01 GT, automatic with the "premium" package

first off, there are a few things that I'd like to fix/upgrade. any help on what order I should do them in or what price i would expect to pay would be great.

-Check engine light is on.. mechanic says code is for a "manifold diff. pressure sensor". 150 bucks that I don't really want to spend off the bat.

-main dash piece rattles and is cracked all the way through in 3 places.. (the big piece closest to the windshield)

-"brushed aluminum" gas door finish has bubbled up and is peeling off.. not to mention that it doesn't close properly... 110 bucks new from mitsubishi :sweat:

-headlight covers are oxidizing, I like the look of them.. just want replacements.. not aftermarket ones (expensive from dealership)

-"2" preset button doesn't work on my infinity 6 disc changer head unit.. once again I like the changer, but Im not sure if i should replace the whole thing or just try to fix the button

-the small dash speaker is constantly buzzing.. can't find the right size speaker anywhere.. might just cut wires and call it a day.

FUTURE MODS
-just purchased an intake

-would like to get headers, a high flow cat. converter.. and a better flowing exhaust that doesnt sound too raspy or loud.
Does the stock exhaust (3.5in. i believe) provide enough airflow or would you suggest buying aftermarket?

-would also like to get aftermarket pullies

-any other N/A HP mods.. not looking to put a turbo/SC on

-also possibly different taillights.. maybe an upgrade to the '03 version...

-maybe sometime, a tranny swap. possibly for the 5-speed manual, or if its cheaper.. even a 5 or 6 speed automatic.. I find the 4 speed lacking.

I'm pretty inclined mechanically.. I can install most parts myself unless they require welding.. just for reference.

ANY advice or helpful ideas about price or how to obtain parts for a good price (and what order to do mods) would be awesome. thanks in advance

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
just seeing if anyone had advice on the priority of certain problems specific to my car.
Well, according to your first post - if you're not willing to spend $150 to fix a mechanical issue causing a CEL, then its pointless to prioritize anything for you - because those issues SHOULD be your priority.

I think you should use this feature for a while:
Club3G Forums - Search Forums

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
thanks ill keep that in mind.:)

p.s. for future info.. im a poor student.. bashing me about priorities isnt going to answer my questions..

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
Hey, just joined the forum, lots of good info. just had a few questions about my eclipse. its a '01 GT, automatic with the "premium" package

first off, there are a few things that I'd like to fix/upgrade. any help on what order I should do them in or what price i would expect to pay would be great.

-Check engine light is on.. mechanic says code is for a "manifold diff. pressure sensor". 150 bucks that I don't really want to spend off the bat.

-main dash piece rattles and is cracked all the way through in 3 places.. (the big piece closest to the windshield)

-"brushed aluminum" gas door finish has bubbled up and is peeling off.. not to mention that it doesn't close properly... 110 bucks new from mitsubishi :sweat:

-headlight covers are oxidizing, I like the look of them.. just want replacements.. not aftermarket ones (expensive from dealership)

-"2" preset button doesn't work on my infinity 6 disc changer head unit.. once again I like the changer, but Im not sure if i should replace the whole thing or just try to fix the button

-the small dash speaker is constantly buzzing.. can't find the right size speaker anywhere.. might just cut wires and call it a day.

FUTURE MODS

-would like to get headers, a high flow cat. converter.. and a better flowing exhaust that doesnt sound too raspy or loud.
Does the stock exhaust (3.5in. i believe) provide enough airflow or would you suggest buying aftermarket?

-maybe sometime, a tranny swap. possibly for the 5-speed manual, or if its cheaper.. even a 5 or 6 speed automatic.. I find the 4 speed lacking.

I'm pretty inclined mechanically.. I can install most parts myself unless they require welding.. just for reference.

ANY advice or helpful ideas about price or how to obtain parts for a good price (and what order to do mods) would be awesome. thanks in advance
I think you should take care of the basics first which is solving the service engine soon light. Why have a car and improve it if it's not running properly first? Then take care of the gas cap and dash. You could find those parts on here and E-bay. Actually you could get the head unit, speaker, and taillights from someone here or E-bay. I'm sure the stock exhaust is not 3.5 inches. If your going to change headers you might as well do the exhaust also. I have headers along with a Greddy Evo 2 exhaust on a stock motor. It's a little loud for my taste but popular here. As far as tranny swaps go you have to weight the cost. I had an '01 GT Spyder auto but wanted a manual so I sold the GT and bought a '03 GTS Spyder manual. The time and cost for a swap like that wasn't worth it to me. Hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I think you should take care of the basics first which is solving the service engine soon light. Why have a car and improve it if it's not running properly first? Then take care of the gas cap and dash. You could find those parts on here and E-bay. Actually you could get the head unit, speaker, and taillights from someone here or E-bay. I'm sure the stock exhaust is not 3.5 inches. If your going to change headers you might as well do the exhaust also. I have headers along with a Greddy Evo 2 exhaust on a stock motor. It's a little loud for my taste but popular here. As far as tranny swaps go you have to weight the cost. I had an '01 GT Spyder auto but wanted a manual so I sold the GT and bought a '03 GTS Spyder manual. The time and cost for a swap like that wasn't worth it to me. Hope it works out for you.

thanks for the advice. I plan on getting the sensor fixed soon. I just went out and measured my exhaust tip and it is 3.5 inches, if it's not stock, i guess i wasn't aware of that when i bought it.. :) one more thing off my list if it is actually aftermarket.

p.s. just to make sure we're on the same page.. that's the tip measurement.. im not sure what the diameter of the actual exhaust pipe is back to the cat. converter is. my mistake.

·
N my Flippy Floppies
16,710 Posts
Welcome. First off get your car mechanically working properly first. If you want new 00-02 headlights check out the for sale section along with anything else you need to buy. Only way to fix your dash is to buy a used one.

Goodluck.

·
4g64T
640 Posts

FUTURE MODS

holly crap! stock exhaust is 3.5 inches?? why did I down grade to a 3 in for my project?! lol nah I'm just messing with you stock exhaust most deffently isnt 3.5 inches. Everyone on this forum is going to tell you to get the CEL and I too will suggest the same, check out everyones posts and builds they will give you great guidelines to follow to have a nice car, I also am a College student but I was still able to put together a turbo build so anything is possible. Good luck with your car!:yesway:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts