Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed today an hid kit with the correct bulb size h1, but I am having problems with my output because there are some big holes or hotspots. I did some research but I couldnt find the answer, can someone help me please?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, it does sit correctly, that is what I dont understand. what I was thinking is: when I was aiming the projector one screw moved the glass forward and backwards, could that have something to do with the bad output i have?

·
"S" Car...Gooooooo
1,350 Posts
That light output is typical of what happens when an HID is put into a halogen projector who's cutoff plate is touching the end of the HID capsule. Halogen bulbs are significantly shorter than an HID capsule and subsequently the plate does not need to be as far away from the mounting pad for proper alignment. I have seen a couple of projector housings with this issue. I call it the "boob effect" :lol: (Also pm a mod to move this to "trouble reports`so that you don`t get yelled at)

·
"S" Car...Gooooooo
1,350 Posts
Here is what one of the issues is, and likely part of the reason the manufacturer says not to put anything but halogens in their housings.

Halogen:

HID:

Notice how differently the bulb sits even when properly seated. Not only is it on a different axis, but it is also touching the cutoff shield. I believe that this is what causes the dead spot (big boob) on some of the projector housings with HIDs installed in them.

I hope that this helps shed some light on the issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.