Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
I find it difficult to change a black car to a different color, and actually make it look professional. There are a few cars that have a somewhat similar look in red, like Hijackers or even wingswest3g

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
I find it difficult to change a black car to a different color, and actually make it look professional. There are a few cars that have a somewhat similar look in red, like Hijackers or even wingswest3g
Yup. It's nearly impossible to change black to something else.

Mark's car had a full ShineStreet kit on it with the Shine spoiler. Mine however, is a full WingsWest kit and wing, molded. But, if you're just trying to get the idea of red color with a full kit and lowered, maybe this will help. keep in mind this is Ultra Red Pearl, not Sarrano Red.

Not sure if this helps, but its the most I can add to your PS thread. :(

·
Premium Member
14,853 Posts
Changing that to a red is going to be extremely difficult without spending a lot of time doing it. Nevermind that the picture size and quality aren't that great, and the lighting on that picture in particular is especially bad...it is overexposed in a few areas, and the area of the car in the foreground is is completely in a shadow so it would be near-black anyway even if the car was originally red.

I have other pictures of my car at home that might be in good enough lighting to make a more accurate red. In the meantime, I did these two pretty quickly using two different methods.

Should give you an idea at least. Let me see what pictures I have on my home computer and maybe I can kick out something better...

·
Premium Member
14,853 Posts
fo sho :D Although I had to guesstimate on where the wheel wells were because they were lost in the sea of black...the rear looks almost right, but the front is quite small :lol: Oh well.

I love red. My Saleen was red. I *swore* that I would never buy another black car after the 3G, but here I am with yet another black car. At least my Montero is white :lol:

OP, forgot to look for other pictures when I was home earlier. I'll check later this evening!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts