Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
I Wangs
43,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold off half my stock and for a little treat to myself I just placed a small order with BHphoto.

1 12Gb extremeIII compact flash card. (same price as the 8Gb for some reason, $150)
1 17-40F4 L lens

1 1D MarkIII digital SLR.

:D

the rest is going in a money market.

and sorry D, I forgot to add your K10 on my order. :fawk:

·
I Wangs
43,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i've been reading a ton of reviews and it seems like the AF problems have either been corrected or are not that big of a problem. :dunno:

·
I Wangs
43,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the only "older gear" i'm getting rid of is the Rebel and Flippy might take that. eventually I'm going to buy either the 24-105L or the 28-70L and when I do that PJ is taking the 28-135. :fawk:

I'll give you one of m 256Mb flash cards if you want. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
Yeah, since you're rich, you should get all your friends an L lens (or equivalent depending on brand). I mean, I would do the same!

Congrats though, that's pretty awesome. Really awesome in fact.

·
I Wangs
43,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:lol: thanks.

I'll have it Friday (trhe day after thanksgiving) btw. so I'll be testing it our in between moving shit.

·
Bicoastal Traveler
8,555 Posts
Oh, and good choice on the 17-40, but why didn't you get the 24-70 or 24-105 like you keep talking about doing?

·
I Wangs
43,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i wanted a real wide angle lens. I've been using the fisheye and it works just fine but with this camera only haveing a 1.3 crop factor the 17-40 will work more like it should. that lens has been on my list fir a while. so between that and not wanting to spend TOO much money I went with that.

also I spoke to a guy out at the grand canyon when I was there. he had a 5D and the 24-105 and he said he didn't see a huge difference between my 28-135 and that one so it's lowered on my priority list. I'm honestly still not sure if the next lens (in that range at least) will be the 24-70 f2.8 or the 24-105. I really like the IS feature but the 2.8 is nice too. I think I'll buy one of them when I sell the rest of my stock. and at that time I'll probably grab the sigma macro lens too.

·
I Wangs
43,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no one is cooler than the UPS guy on this fine friday.

I stopped to take a photo and spank my monkey a bit.

then I grabbed my anti dundie (sp) knife to open the box.

then I came.

after cleaning up, I came again.

note the blue dot. ;)

the lens

the camera was packed in a bubble wrap pouch and then in theis cotton pouch too. :eek: my 20D was just jammed in the box.

some of the stuff that came with the camera. not shown is the AC adaptor (power cord, transformer and battery looking adaptor) and some other cables.

the lens out of the box. and yes, all L lenses come with their own little (or big depending on the lens) case.

couple with the lens attached.

the battery is charging up right now. it showed 50% but I'm letting it complete a full charge and then I'll play around and give a "normal person's" review. So far though I can say the camera is big. no bigger than a rebel or 20D with the battery adaptor on it but if you are not used to that then it's big. however given the size it's extremely well balanced and fits in my hand perfectly. it's also surprisingly light. buttons feel good although to me they feel too easy to push. like on my 20D when I push a button like the menu button it's got sort of a light "click" to it and you know you activated it. on this one there is no "click". not that I'm complaining, just saying...

once the battery is charged I'll take it out for a little bit iwth the 17-40 and I'll probably bring my 70-200 and/or the 100-400 and see how it works with those also.

·
I Wangs
43,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
btw, I also just realized that my point and shoot really sucks at the focusing. :ugh:

·
Premium Member
14,943 Posts
Woot!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts