Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Eclipse GT Spyder
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to figure out why my EGR system isn’t working. I just replaced the solonoid but am still hearing a buzzing noise coming from the area where I replaced the solonoid and have a rough idle whenever I hear this buzzing. You can listen to it here: EGR Issues. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the buzzing noise? Also, there is a part of the wiring harness that’s unplugged and can be seen in the video. I haven’t been able to find anywhere to plug it in so I’ve thought maybe it’s part of the harness that only applies to auto variants of the car or something. Is that assumption correct?

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
366 Posts
Sorry no one has answered your question . I watched your video but did not hear a buzzing noise. I hear an intermittent hissing , like some thing is opening and closing . Also I don`t recognize that plug.. It may be what you are thinking but I can`t see the factory leaving that exposed like that. I have the same car with an automatic trans .. I looked under my hood and I think maybe that is your oil sending unit.
I can not see clear enough in the video to tell if that plug has only one wire ...

·
Registered
2001 Eclipse GT Spyder
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry no one has answered your question . I watched your video but did not hear a buzzing noise. I hear an intermittent hissing , like some thing is opening and closing . Also I don`t recognize that plug.. It may be what you are thinking but I can`t see the factory leaving that exposed like that. I have the same car with an automatic trans .. I looked under my hood and I think maybe that is your oil sending unit.
I can not see clear enough in the video to tell if that plug has only one wire ...
It’s all good. I can send you some better pics of the connector and wires coming off it if that helps

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
366 Posts
Maybe a few pics could help ..... How many wires come out of the plug... can you trace it back to where it connects...Here is a pic of my engine bay...

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
366 Posts
I am pretty sure that is your oil sending unit . I looked at mine and got pictures to show you .Mine has one yellow wire... Number one is the plug you are holding.. Two is the connector that goes to it and three is the harness that plug comes from.. The second picture shows what the other part of that line looks like.. I hope this helps you ....

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
366 Posts
By the way.. it looks like the plug you are holding has one of the tabs broke off on the one side.. There should be a metal clip that plug clips to to hold it in place ..

·
Registered
2001 Eclipse GT Spyder
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By the way.. it looks like the plug you are holding has one of the tabs broke off on the one side.. There should be a metal clip that plug clips to to hold it in place ..
It looks like that’s a different set of plugs that you found. There seems to already be another connection there

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
366 Posts
Well now I`m stumped... I will check again and see whats going on under my hood. It`s six Am in the morning so I will get back to you later today...There may be a chance someone has added that plug for some reason... ?????

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
366 Posts
Well I search through my engine bay and don`t see any other plug like that.. Check to make sure the bottom part of your oil sending unit is there.. While standing on the passenger side the oil sending unit is close to the fire wall near the bottom of the block. It will be a single wire ( with a plug just like in your hand ) ... I can see the top part of that plug just in front of your hand.. If that is not part of the oil sending unit then I don`t have a clue what you got.. Possibly an add on cause its not on my ride and I have a Spyder GT.............You may want to contact a fellow member @Murkrow .. This man is a walking talking encyclopedia of Mitsubishi Knowledge... I may be wrong but I think he is the one who published the Tearstone Manual ...;);):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2001 Eclipse GT Spyder
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well now I`m stumped... I will check again and see whats going on under my hood. It`s six Am in the morning so I will get back to you later today...There may be a chance someone has added that plug for some reason... ?????
I’m stumped too. I think it’ll be alright unplugged, the car seems to run well as is so it’s not worth losing sleep over. Thank you for all the help

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
366 Posts
All I can add in conclusion would be to trace that wire back to see where it comes from and maybe that will give us a better idea of what it is if any thing at all..

·
Registered
2001 Eclipse GT Spyder
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All I can add in conclusion would be to trace that wire back to see where it comes from and maybe that will give us a better idea of what it is if any thing at all..
I’ll reach out to Murkrow and see if he has any clue what it might be 😂. Thank you for all of the help. I really appreciate it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts